:(

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2006, 04:22 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
Okay, well me and my df are trying to concieve but just started trying last month. My df's name is Stephen and his dad's name was Stephen and so on, but my df didnt have a problem not using his name for a first name but instead having his first and middle name as our first son's mn. Everything was fine until today when he told me that his grandmother is upset that we're not using Stephen for our first son, not only am I not a huge fan of the name Stephen but I also dont want a jr for a couple different reasons, reason #1 would be all the confusion it would cause, even tho my df said there was no confusion in his household, he comes from a broken home and hes only really close with his 2 younger brothers and his grandmother whos upset, ugghh.. Lol... I think I'm going to stick with Wesley for our first sons name because both Stephen and I like the name, but I also dont want his side of the family to be upset. What do you think we should do? Do you think it should be enough that we're using both of his names Stephen and Patrick for our first sons mn or do you think the tradition should carry on?
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
August 27th, 2006, 04:39 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would stick with wesley - she wont be upset after the baby is born!
August 27th, 2006, 04:42 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I think you should name your son what you like. They will get over it and if they don't that is pretty silly and why worry about what silly people think

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
August 27th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would just use whatever you want... it's not up to his grandma to name YOUR son...
August 28th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Thanks ladies, we ARE sticking wit Wesley
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
August 28th, 2006, 05:53 AM
viXen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to add here also that I think you should stick with Wesley! My MIL wanted us to use her middle name as Dakota's middle name. At first we did.. until she wrote all Dakota's christmas gift cards as "To Lauren". She even got her an ornament that said "Merry Christmas Lauren"

So luckily Dakota wasn't born yet.. we changed it real fast after that, she was upset at first but got over it for sure!

August 28th, 2006, 06:34 AM
** Mandy **
I think using it for the middle name should be enough.

August 28th, 2006, 07:54 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think using it as the MN is more than enough! Your baby, your choice!
August 28th, 2006, 08:06 AM
chlodoll
Well they may not get over it that quickly. I knew that my FIL would want our first son to be named after him. I actually didnt have a problem with it but DH said that he didnt care so we choose a name and made his middle name FIL's name. Well apparently he did have a problem with it lol So when we are at our inlaws he has one name and everywhere else he has another!

What alot of people do is make the family name the first name and then call them their middle name. My dads first name is George but he has never been called that in his life lol They use his middle name Richard. Its upto you though!
August 28th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Stick with what YOU want. I'm sorry I listened to the crap my family gave me about the name I wanted for Kara. This time around I'm not considering anyone's feelings except mine and DH's. They had their chances to name their own babies!

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
August 28th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks girls, you all are so sweet and have great advice

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search