NEED HELP PLEASE....

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Veteran
Ok, me and hubby live in a pretty small town in GA. The 3 names we have it narrowed down to are Walker, Maddox, and Chance. Everyone in this town is pretty country and im worried about naming our little man! Walker seems to fit in down here more, but does maddox or chance sound to different seeing as he'll be raised in a little moutain town? When i mean little the pop here is like 24,000! Very beautiful BUT lots of what i like to call "rednecks" hee hee! This is the town were all the retired from FL come to.... nothing against them as i am from fl too, gee wonder how i ended up here... ha ha... Please help as i hate this, i need some imput.... BAD............ Thank you ladies!!!!
May 11th, 2005, 10:54 AM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's your real concern? That his name will be very, very different from classmates and so he will be teased? Or that he'll have to endure "huh! funny name!" comments from everyone and their brother?

Personally, I think you name him whatever you want. Caveat - I'm from the north and really don't know what its like in Georgia. But here's the thing - your boy will grow up someday and he may or may not stick around the small town! Don't name him according to small town expectation. Name him what you and your SO want to, the name you both love!

As for the names you suggested, all three sound great. Walker is nice bc it sounds like a real man's name, without cutsy nicknames. Chance has a nice ring to it and suggests an air of risk. Maddox is very modern and trendy (given Angelina Jolie's son) but has a great nickname - MAD.

Good luck and congrats on your baby boy!
May 11th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree - you need to choose a name that YOU like and not worry about others people's perceptions of it. And I love the name Maddox.
May 11th, 2005, 01:34 PM
sylph21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't stress over it. I think all 3 names are great, but I especially love Maddox.

May 11th, 2005, 02:43 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Name the baby whatever you want, don't make your decision because of your family or neighbors. Let them live with you decision. The important thing is that you and your hubby are happy with the name you chose.

Good Luck!

Christina

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

May 11th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
WALKER WALKER WALKER WALKER WALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you can see I am a little biased when it comes to the name Walker... I just love it..........
May 11th, 2005, 09:27 PM
My Big girl & Angel boy's Avatar Veteran
keep all three names and when he is born and you see his sweet little face you will know I chose both of my kids names right after they were born, I think once you see them and what they look like, you choose the name that best fits they're characteristics. Good Luck and don't worry about his name right now, try to make this the most relaxed and special time with him ever

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search