Hi there, New here and wanting an opinion!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2005, 09:38 PM
HavensMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HavensMommy
I am new to JM and have been enjoying peeking in on the fun names discussions going on over here. My hubby and I have decided on a first name for a boy, we're still up in the air over the middle name! And we're still wading through girls names trying to find the "perfect" one... Man no one said it would be this hard! LOL Naming your dollies and such was so much easier than worrying about nick names, and what your kids will think of their name in 5, 15, 30, 60 years... LOL

Anyway I posted this in my birth club and thought I'd also post here... hopign to get some opinions and input!

Ok so a little bit of "first things first"... my husband has 2 daughters from a previous marriage, and is SOOOOO hoping this is a son. His family has a tradition of ALL the boys being named with the initials "H. C. N" *UGH, LOL* ANyway I can deal with this and won't *heaven forbid* break tradition so we've definitly agreed on a first name but the middle name is up in the air. Just wondered if you guys could give me your honest opinions on this! I won't be offended in ANY way! Everyone's tastes are different!

Ok the first name we have picked out it is: Havyn. I really like it, so does DH. It's a bit unique and no one else in his family has it (*phew* LOL)

DH likes the middle name "Cyle" (Sounds like 'Kyle') I'm really not so sure I'm all big on the "Cyle" at all! And I especially think the spelling makes it look really funky and like it should be pronounced "SY-le"....

What's your opinions: Havyn Cyle Nunnelley? (guess I should say that the last name is pronounced Nun-lee...there are a lot of unused letters in there! LOL)

My suggestion was using Clint for a middle name after his father who passed away. In fact I found out I was pregnant on the day of his funeral, and my EDD is 1 week exactly before his birthday. But Houston (DH) says that all he is afraid that kids will make that into Cl*t (you get the picture!).... so we're up in the air! LOL

Thanks in advance for reading this ungodly long post! LOL Sorry about that! And thanks for your opinions...all good and bad welcomed!

-Kristin
May 25th, 2005, 10:06 PM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since Havyn is an unusual and somewhat ambigender first name, I think a solidly male and more commonly used middle name might compliment nicely. For example:

Havyn Christopher
Havyn Chad
Havyn Clifford
Havyn Clay

and for a girl:

Havyn Claudia
Havyn Caroline
Havyn Cara
Havyn Christine

Good luck and let us know how it goes! Oh and welcome to JM, by the way!
May 26th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Veteran
Hi,

Havyn Cole
Havyn Caleb
Havyn Carter
Havyn Charles

Good luck. Names are fun but difficult to pick.

Alena and Troy

Alex
May 26th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I think having the middle name be Clint would be a nice tribute to his father. But I do also agree with the previous poster, that a "solid" middle name would work nice as well. I like Christopher the best I think.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
May 26th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think kids will make fun of his middle name. Most don't have any idea what other kids middle names are. I like the name Havyn, the y makes it look a little like a girls name to me and think Haven might be better for a boy. But either way it sounds nice and is a cool name.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
May 26th, 2005, 01:43 PM
HavensMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HavensMommy
Thanks so much to all of you for the great input. I was really set on Haven (I agree, I like it with an En in stead of the Yn better for a boy) but everyone is giving me such a bad reaction to it. Everyone thinks that it's too feminine...now I'm worried!

I REALLY like Haven Cole and Haven Carter. Christopher is already used by his brother...who is in rehab for drug abuse...so because of that I'll probably stay away from that one...I DO love the sound of it however.

Thanks again,
Kristin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search