Naming dilema

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2007, 06:10 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Here is my naming dilema....

This is going to be my last baby. I REALLY want something pretty unique. However...my dh doesn't like a lot of unique names. He has agreed to a unique name as long as it sounds like a name (whatever that means lol) My current 2 dd's are Alexis and Paige and I honestly didn't really like either of these names at first but they grew on me. I agreed to Alexis because I was going to call her Lexi...although now I call her Alexis and not Lexi anyway! lol I agreed to Paige cause I got to pick the mn and I chose Alyse and I think Paige Alyse sounds cute together.

For a boy he has always like either Sully or Preston. I really hate Sully...no offense to anyone that likes it it is just not my style. I don't like Preston either...had a bad experience with a Preston in Jr high guess I never got over it!

Sorry...kind of got off topic there....I want something unique and I want to honor my grandfather in some way. He passed away when I was in high school and we were really close at the time. His name was Frank Claire Williams.

I think we have decided on Corbin William for a boy. WDYT?
For a girl I have always LOVED the name Braelyn (Bray-lin). I would do Braelyn Claire. My dh hates the name Claire but has agreed to use it as a middle name because of my grandfather.
Problem is...our last name starts with an M so her initials would be BM!! Would you use the name anyway or cross it off the list?

I'm open to any suggestions...girl or boy...unique...honoring my grandfather in some way.

January 14th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, you only use your initials when you label things in elementary.

Little kids are not going to think of a bowel movement, or breastmilk, or anything else like that when they see BM. If you're worried just always write BCM.

I think Corbin William and Braelyn Claire honor your grandfather well. Personally, I wouldn't use the last name because that could be honoring anybody and you have him in mind, but that's up to you. There are lots of names that are similar to Frank or have the same meaning though, so ... check them out if you agree.

</div>
January 14th, 2007, 06:43 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brinlee's initals are BM... actually, her initials are BAM.... but that didn't bother me, not one single bit.

I think it would be nice to use the middle name Clair for a girl, or even use it as a first name. I think Claire is adorable I'm not really a fan of Braelyn. Corbin is cute, I wouldn't personally use it... but I don't think it is bad. William really isn't my style, but I see how it would honor your grandfather since his last name is Williams. How about using Liam instead of William? Corbin Liam doesn't flow as nicely though. I strongly dislike Sully, Sullivan is ok... but I don't like Sully. Preston isn't as bad as Sully, but I still don't like it.

I was going to suggest Brielle or Briella instead of Braelyn, but I see Brielle more and more in baby name forums everyday. I don't know how often it is actually used, or if it is just talked about a lot.

For a boy, how about Asher, Jude, Anderson, Talan/Tallen, Hudson, Elliott , Garrick, Kai, Rhys (Reese), Britton, Cary, Edan, Lachlan, ?

For a girl, how about Arabelle/Arabella, Ellia, Rose (usually used as a nickname, so not so common as a first name), Adeline, Ada/Aida, Alanna, Amelia, Cassia, Claribel, Danae, Greer, Lydia, Margo, Mattea, or Wren?
January 14th, 2007, 07:26 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for coming to us Renee! I didn't notice the Williams in Frank Claire Williams before. So now, my one suggestion in our PR makes sense.. Willow *for a girl* I loooooove this name but Williams is SO's last name so it can never ever be used! DId you check out the list I gave you in the PR? I think I will go find it and bump it,, or copy here

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

January 15th, 2007, 03:17 AM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*bump*

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

January 15th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Kat ~ Yes, I did see your list. I love Willow too just don't think dh will agree to it. I'm going to have to go back and review the list and see what else I like that I can maybe get him to agree to.

::er!ca:: - Thanks for the ideas! I really like Arabelle and Alanna.

He doesn't like the name Claire so using as a first name is out. It has taken me 6 years to get him to agree to use it as a mn and that is only cause we are done after this baby and he knows how much I want to use part of my grandpa's name.

January 15th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You sure are a nice wife!! I don't know anyone that's let their hubby name both their daughters and especially not names that they really didn't like!
I think Corbin William sounds really nice. I think using William is a great alternative to using Frank and you'll always know who it honors so I don't see that posing a problem. I personally love Sully but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. I'm not a big fan of Braelyn but love using Claire for a middle name!. I think that Alexis and Paige are very cute little girls' names. Here are a few random names I think go with them:

Brooklyn, Molly, Breslyn, Addison, Skyler, Sydney, Carys, and Lila. Good Luck and let us know how it turns out!
January 15th, 2007, 09:05 AM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
I LOVE the name Corbin and Braelyn Claire is cute! good luck deciding!
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
January 15th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i think both the names you have chosen are really cute!!!

January 16th, 2007, 09:30 AM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
I've already given my opinion. I like both of the names and I don't think the initials matter. Is DH scared you will pick a crazy name because you have been hanging around me too much? lol
January 16th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Veteran
I absolutly LOVE both of the names you picked! Escpecially Corbin i think it is very unique, but simple at the same time.

<div align="center">

</div>
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
January 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Quote:
I've already given my opinion. I like both of the names and I don't think the initials matter. Is DH scared you will pick a crazy name because you have been hanging around me too much? lol[/b]
LOL!!! I have a funny story about that...Remind me to tell you next time we get together.

January 17th, 2007, 03:50 PM
gee102
Braelyn Claire & Corbin William are really cute
January 18th, 2007, 08:18 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I already posted in the PR, but I really like Corbin William and Braelyn Claire-I dont think initials matter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search