How Important Was...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Popularity? Meaning? Using a family name? Uniqueness? Your DH's/So's opinion? The name having history and therefore being a 'real' name? etc...

When you named your child, what was the most important factor~other than the fact that you just 'liked it'? If none of these apply but something else did, what was it?
January 15th, 2007, 12:16 PM
MamaBx3
Quote:
Popularity? Meaning? Using a family name? Uniqueness? Your DH's/So's opinion? The name having history and therefore being a 'real' name? etc...

When you named your child, what was the most important factor~other than the fact that you just 'liked it'? If none of these apply but something else did, what was it?[/b]
On a scale from 1-10 , 1 being least important , 10 being very ..

Popularity ~ 5
Meaning ~ 1
Using a family name ~ 3
Uniqueness ~ 1
SO's opinion ~ 5
History ~ With Vae , 1 . Now , 10 !!!
January 15th, 2007, 01:37 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The most important thing to me is family name, least important would be uniqueness

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

January 15th, 2007, 02:55 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i prefer it not to be popular, meaning isnt that important, dh must ave a say, love if its a famly name for a middle name

January 15th, 2007, 03:07 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Popularity -- 2 or 3
Meaning -- 1, meanings do not bother me
Using a family name -- 8 (for middle name)... I really wanted Brinlee's middle name to be associated with my grandfather's middle name... and it is!!
Uniqueness -- 1, I just wanted a name that I loved
SO's opinion -- 10, he wouldn't agree unless he LOVED the name, and he LOVES Brinlee's name!!!
History -- 1 or 2, that doesn't really bother me

The thing that was most important to me was that my husband and I used a name that we loved.... no matter what the name was!
January 15th, 2007, 03:20 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
On a scale from 1-10 with 1 meaning least important and 10 meaning most important:

Popularity -- 6
Meaning -- 2
Using a family name -- 9
Uniqueness -- 1
SO's opinion -- 8
History -- 1
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
January 15th, 2007, 03:33 PM
TheBoyMaker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really don't like popular names. When I named my son Jaden no one ever heard of the name Jaden. Now its soooo popular! Not to mention Jaden is spelled so many different ways and its even gender neutral.
I like the name to have meaning and family names mean the most.
Jonah's middle name is my late father's first name. We picked Jonah because its not as popular as Noah and I like being able to call him Joey. I also call him Jo-Jo the monkey boy lol.
Its funny but both my boys names are biblical names (except in the bible Jaden is spelled Jadon). It seems I am now on this kick of biblical names.
Jonah was going to be named Tyler. However, I discovered there are way too many Tyler's! I didnt know it was such a popular name as I have never met a Tyler or heard anyone being called Tyler. I come online and there are tons of Tylers! I looked at my hospitals baby board and there were tons of Tyler's! So I decided I wasn't naming him Tyler.

J-Bird 🐦December 16, 2001
Monkey🐒 September 10, 2006
Roo 🐾October 7, 2008
Turtle 🐢December 26, 2013

January 15th, 2007, 03:40 PM
asianmama
Popularity ~ 2
Meaning ~ 1
Using a family name ~ 10--middle names
Uniqueness ~ 1
SO's opinion ~ 10
History ~ 1
January 15th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! I just find it so fascinating how differently everyone goes about naming their child. I think it's great and gives us such a variety. Seems like on this board-SO's influence is very important and meaning is not at all. I've looked on other boards where everyone is so caught up in meaning but don't really care what SO's have to say! I love how much family names play a roll for people on here too!
January 15th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Popularity ~ 6(only because i didnt want him to have a name that every other kid in his class had)
Meaning ~ 1
Using a family name ~ 1
Uniqueness ~ 8
SO's opinion ~ 10
History ~ 1

January 16th, 2007, 09:15 PM
maymay

Popularity ~ 4
Meaning ~ 1
Using a family name ~ 1
Uniqueness ~ 1
SO's opinion ~ 5
History ~ 1

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search