questions...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Veteran
Just a couple random questions for you to answer!!! have fun with this

What is your top pick for a boy and girl right know??

What name do/did you like but cannot use becuause someone close to you used it?

If you had to name your child after someone, who would it be and the name?

If you and your DH disagreed on a name, would he give in or would you give into his name?

When it came down to it, would you let someone else choose your baby's name for you?

Do you ask for opinions from your family? Does that affect your decision?

Are there any family traditions of names that you follow? (ex: middle name has to be a family name)

How did you finalize your decision? the way it sounded???

January 19th, 2007, 11:44 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is your top pick for a boy and girl right know?? Boys is a tie between Elliott & Griffin, but DH only likes Elliott For girls I have no idea!!! I'm at such a loss for girls names!

What name do/did you like but cannot use becuause someone close to you used it? I also really like Brennan for a boy, but it is too close to Brinlee. Also, I love the name Grace, but a close family friend used it so I can't. Another is Isabel, a cousin just used it.

If you had to name your child after someone, who would it be and the name? After my mom and dad. I'd use Jay as a middle name for a boy, and a -lynn ending name for a girl.

If you and your DH disagreed on a name, would he give in or would you give into his name? I think he would give in before I would!

When it came down to it, would you let someone else choose your baby's name for you? NO!

Do you ask for opinions from your family? Does that affect your decision? We might ask opinions of a few family members, but the opinion doesn't matter on our decision.

Are there any family traditions of names that you follow? (ex: middle name has to be a family name) No

How did you finalize your decision? the way it sounded??? If it sounds nice, flows well, and we love the name!
January 19th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Veteran
What is your top pick for a boy and girl right know?? For a boy - Nathan & Zachary... For a girl - Hailey & Brooklyn

What name do/did you like but cannot use becuause someone close to you used it? Natalie lol

If you had to name your child after someone, who would it be and the name? Aaron after my uncle that passed away. And Paige after my neice.

If you and your DH disagreed on a name, would he give in or would you give into his name? He'd give into mine lol...

When it came down to it, would you let someone else choose your baby's name for you? No way!

Do you ask for opinions from your family? Does that affect your decision? I ask, but they don't have much of an affect on me. I like what I like..

Are there any family traditions of names that you follow? (ex: middle name has to be a family name) Nope

How did you finalize your decision? the way it sounded??? I haven't finalized anything yet lol! But if it flows nicely then that's my decision!
January 19th, 2007, 12:20 PM
MamaBx3
What is your top pick for a boy and girl right know??
Parker & Amelia

What name do/did you like but cannot use because someone close to you used it?
Cole

If you had to name your child after someone, who would it be and the name?
Catherine ,my mom . (Kathryn)

If you and your DH disagreed on a name, would he give in or would you give into his name?
He'd give in to my name . lol

When it came down to it, would you let someone else choose your baby's name for you?
NO .

Yes , and no .

Are there any family traditions of names that you follow? (ex: middle name has to be a family name)
Nope

How did you finalize your decision? the way it sounded???
With Vae I just gave up because he wasn't budging . This time we chose our girl name before I was even pregnant , and we're still working on our boys name . We're just narrowing down the list
January 19th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Katzchen
What is your top pick for a boy and girl right know?? Jonas Benjamin and either Rivkah Garnet or Miriam (Mira) Garnet

What name do/did you like but cannot use because someone close to you used it? Julia- I had wanted to name my first daughter Julia Elisabeth since I was 12, but my sister stole it last summer!

If you had to name your child after someone, who would it be and the name? DH and I plan to name any daughters we have after our grandmothers. First dd's middle name will be Garnet, and 2nd dd would have some variant of Elizabeth for a middle name, as my Grandma's name is Elzbieta.

If you and your DH disagreed on a name, would he give in or would you give into his name? We would find a name that we can both agree on!

When it came down to it, would you let someone else choose your baby's name for you? Never

Do you ask for opinions from your family? Does that affect your decision? No and no.

Are there any family traditions of names that you follow? (ex: middle name has to be a family name) As my family is Jewish, all of the children always have a Hebrew name, normally as the middle name.

How did you finalize your decision? the way it sounded??? The way it sounded and the history of the name. Oliver was also the ONLY name that we could agree on.
January 19th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Elysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Elysia Send a message via MSN to Elysia
Quote:
Just a couple random questions for you to answer!!! have fun with this

What is your top pick for a boy and girl right know?? For a girl Bryn Elizabeth and a boy Elijah James

What name do/did you like but cannot use becuause someone close to you used it? Dean...my older brothers name

If you had to name your child after someone, who would it be and the name? If I had too it would be my best friend Jade...though I would probably spell it jayda

If you and your DH disagreed on a name, would he give in or would you give into his name? he would give in definetly...Im way too stubbourn to give in

When it came down to it, would you let someone else choose your baby's name for you? Nope...not unless tey suggested a name and I truly liked it

Are there any family traditions of names that you follow? (ex: middle name has to be a family name) umm not really though Im starting my own having the middle name as the name of a close friend

How did you finalize your decision? the way it sounded??? yes and the meaning and a few other things

[/b]
January 19th, 2007, 03:04 PM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your top pick for a boy and girl right know?? Pierce/Natalie

What name do/did you like but cannot use because someone close to you used it? None - I would use a name I loved regardless

If you had to name your child after someone, who would it be and the name? Katherine Elizabeth (after my mom & MIL)

If you and your DH disagreed on a name, would he give in or would you give into his name? Neither - we'd find a name that we both loved

When it came down to it, would you let someone else choose your baby's name for you? Heck No!

Do you ask for opinions from your family? Does that affect your decision? Don't ask for opinions & if they offer negative ones I tell them that they had their chance to name their kids so now we'll name ours whatever we like

Are there any family traditions of names that you follow? (ex: middle name has to be a family name) Our first sons MN will be the same as DH's & his dads.

How did you finalize your decision? the way it sounded? We both just loved the name from the instant we heard it - we never considered using anything else.
January 19th, 2007, 03:29 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
What is your top pick for a boy and girl right know?? Luka for a boy and I have no idea for a girl.

What name do/did you like but cannot use becuause someone close to you used it? Hayley & Cameron.

If you had to name your child after someone, who would it be and the name? Well, my daughter is already named after me and my mom (Lynn). I plan on all my kids having their middle names at least some what similar to a family name... Jack or John for a boy after my grandfather and my so's uncle... and Elyse or some form of Mary/Marie after my sister and so's grandmother.

If you and your DH disagreed on a name, would he give in or would you give into his name? It depends. Luka was his name and he won't budge on it. At first I didn't like it but now I love it.

When it came down to it, would you let someone else choose your baby's name for you? No.

Do you ask for opinions from your family? Does that affect your decision? I ask but it doesn't affect our choices.

Are there any family traditions of names that you follow? (ex: middle name has to be a family name) Its not that I'm set on following it but I just really like the idea of middle names with significance (sp?) to them. But if I was to find a name that I loved I'd use it whether it was a family name or not.

How did you finalize your decision? the way it sounded??? With my daughter it was really rushed because we didn't have a name for her until after she was born so I didn't think about it much... but now I just base it on how it flows and if me and so agree and love the name (which is a near impossible thing! lol)
January 19th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
What is your top pick for a boy and girl right know?? Julian Alaric/Julian Vaughn and Audrey Jane. I still really love Sebastian David, too.

What name do/did you like but cannot use because someone close to you used it? I honestly do not like the names in my family. I liked Dillon, but I have a cousin Dylan. I don't think I would've used it anyway.

If you had to name your child after someone, who would it be and the name? Jane after my mother. James nicknamed Jamie after my grandfather. David after SO's father.

If you and your DH disagreed on a name, would he give in or would you give into his name? He's pretty laid back, but he really hates Julian. I'll give him time.

When it came down to it, would you let someone else choose your baby's name for you? Never.

Do you ask for opinions from your family? Does that affect your decision? I wouldn't, no. They have a completely different taste.

Are there any family traditions of names that you follow? (ex: middle name has to be a family name) Nope. SO is named after a relative completely, but I wouldn't follow that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search