Nicole

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Nicki1976's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My name is Nichole.. yes with the "H". I was born in 1976 & always hated the spelling, I later came to accept this is what my mom named me and embraced it! LOL You find more hispanic origin with the H in it from what I've seen.

February 4th, 2007, 07:43 PM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My name is Nichole.. yes with the "H". I was born in 1976 & always hated the spelling, I later came to accept this is what my mom named me and embraced it! LOL You find more hispanic origin with the H in it from what I've seen.[/b]
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I'm also a Nicole. Which is the traditional spelling, but for some reason people when I would give my name, people would ask me, "spelled Nichole." I'm would say, "NO, not NicHOLE, but Nicole." I'm just very fond of traditional spellings. I also don't think this is too popular these days. Of course it is popular for us that were born in the 80s (in your case 70s), but for this generation, I really haven't heard it so much. Actually the only time I have heard it was as a middle name. I think it's a solid name and just because it doesn't have that "cutesey" sound that comes a long with a lot of the popular girls names these days doesn't necessarily make it a middle name.

February 4th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I'm also a Nicole.[/b]
Not at all offended, everyone has an opinion and I'm fine with it! Not like we have a choice on what we're named.. that's why I start early & would never give my kid a "cutsey" or "different" name. I can't picture one of my kids named Kayleigh for instance *step daughter is Kayla*. I look at them like they'll be professionals of some kind.

February 4th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Why in the heck would you bring up a name just so you could say how much you dislike it??? You really don't seem to like many names though, so whatever.

It's a great name...not NicHOLE, but Nicole.[/b]
Interesting observation

Quote:
that's why I start early & would never give my kid a "cutsey" or "different" name. I can't picture one of my kids named Kayleigh for instance *step daughter is Kayla*. I look at them like they'll be professionals of some kind.[/b]
I totally agree...
Daughter Sadie 5/7/07
Baby to Be 7/4/2010

February 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM
maymay
Quote:
I can't picture one of my kids named Kayleigh for instance *step daughter is Kayla*. I look at them like they'll be professionals of some kind.[/b]
That is an excellent way of thinking at names....that needs to be taken in consideration as well!
February 4th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Quote:
I can't picture one of my kids named Kayleigh for instance *step daughter is Kayla*. I look at them like they'll be professionals of some kind.[/b]
That is an excellent way of thinking at names....that needs to be taking in consideration as well!
[/b]
Thanks I went thru it in school.. I'm sure you can imagine the Nick-hole comments because of the spelling (didn't happen often but once is more than enough). Parents need to really look at that kind of thing IMO. I named my son Chase but his middle name is a strong name Alexander if he chooses to use it! I dunno, it's late and I'm tired & rambling.

February 4th, 2007, 09:32 PM
-Shannon-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I think the "ettiquette" thread should be reviewed for this forum. JMO.[/b]

February 7th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ditto..
Daughter Sadie 5/7/07
Baby to Be 7/4/2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search