Multiple middle names??

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2007, 03:30 PM
lily_twinsplusone's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to lily_twinsplusone
Multiple middle names?
What do you think?
My girls' best friends name is Lily Marie Victoria Thompson B(lastname)
and her sister is Charlotte Ann Sophia Thompson B(lastname)

Her mom was over last night and was talking to me about names since I'm expecting and brought up her daughters names...I never knew all of them.
I guess Thompson is her husband's last name so she decided to include it as a middle name. And then each girl has 2 middle names as well.

Do you like these names? Or multiple middle names?

</div><div align="center">

</div>
January 28th, 2007, 04:11 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My children will probably only have 1 middle name each. I don't mind 2 middle names, if they have importance to the family. 3 middle names is pushing it, is there really a need? Any more than that is just over the top. But, everyone is intitled to name their child whatever they please.
January 28th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Katzchen
I think that any more than one middle name complicates life too much. I understand that it happens when parents want to honour two people or can't agree, but I don't like that its becoming trendy.

I like most of the girls' names individually, but I wouldn't have used those combos.
January 28th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I was going to use two middle names, or two last names, I would at least hyphenate it so it's not technically "two". Plus that way there would still be the proper # of initials. When you have to fill out forms that ask for a middle initial there is never space for more than one.

In any case I think five names is a lot.

I might use two middle names because I want my children to have my maiden name as part of their name ... and hyphenating it would be confusing given the spelling and pronunciation. I mean, I'm not even keeping it because of that.

But I think I might hyphenate middle names. Like if I want a son to be Jacob Christopher Lastname, maybe I'd do Jacob Christopher-Maidenname Lastname. It would still be there, but his middle initial would still be C, etc. And the common # of initials like I mentioned before. That's the only way I would do it though.

</div>
January 28th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I plan on keeping my last name, so I would go with a hypenated last name for any offspring.
I also like hyphenated middle names.
So my children will most likely be something like Ava Sophia-Lenore Mylastname-Hislastname.
(That's a mock-up name) I feel sad for my future kids.
January 28th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Elysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Elysia Send a message via MSN to Elysia
I don't mind 2 middle names though any more than that is a bit extreme...for me I get confused with my own name which because it's hyphenated I never know wether to say Jo is part of my first name or my middle name though I usually say it acts as both....I would use more than one middle name for a boy perhaps...atm my fav combo for a boy is Noah James Thomas though its alot harder for a girl for some reason
January 28th, 2007, 11:43 PM
chlodoll
I had two middle names and two last names growing up and its just annyoing!
January 29th, 2007, 12:50 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not a fan of two middle names as my husband has 2 family middle names (theodore edward) but it is a pain when filling out forms

January 29th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Christababe85
We gave Asher 2 middle names, I think the name together sounds beautiful and I'll probably keep up with 2 middle names for our next baby. Asher has a total of 4 names, 1 first name, 2 middle names and 1 last name.
January 29th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Super Mommy
I don't see much of a point in having more than one middle name. It does seem like it is becoming trendy for parents to use more than one middle name, I can't imagine why just b/c it seems like having that many names would be a big pain when filling out forms, etc.

I knew a girl whose mom just gave each of her daughters a first name only, so that when they got married, their surname automatically became their middle name. I actually like this idea better than the multiple middle names.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search