Need some help ladies!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2007, 07:35 PM
short_n_swt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We chose the name Haylee Claudette Rayne ***** for our daughter (due in May). But we had some rude comments from people about the name Rayne so we decided to opt it out. But I can't find anything I really like to put in the middle there. Maybe Haylee Olivia Claudette? Claudette is a family name so it has to be in there but I wanted something else in there, any ideas ladies?

January 30th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm ... what did they say about it that was rude? That's not nice at all especially since you were saying it was already chosen.

Here are some more that I like as middle names, that are one syllable (like Rayne):

Belle
Bliss
Blythe
Brie
Brynn
Elle
Eve
Fawn
Fern

I think Haylee Claudette Fern sounds nice. There are some others in there that are good too but that's my favorite of them with Haylee Claudette.

If you want Haylee ------ Claudette instead of the other way around I think you do need three + syllables to break it up (another two is monotonous, but I don't like the flow of just one). So here are some of those.

Amari
Anais
Damaris
Eleni
Eliane
Felicity
Gabrielle
Imani
Julianne
Marielle
Mercedes
Naomi
Rosemarie
Vivian
Amina
Amira
Eliza
Fiona
Geneva
Isabella
Juliana
Katrina
Marissa
Melina
Samara
Sophia
Vanessa

I think my favorite of those would be Haylee Fiona Claudette. Or maybe Geneva. I can't decide between those two.

Hope that helps. It's always hard when your mind's made up but then it has to change!

</div>
January 31st, 2007, 07:30 AM
short_n_swt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for your help ladies!I have some decision making to do and quick for the invitations to the baby shower. Im not a fan of Claudette either...but it has to be in there out of respect to my relitives and my father. And at the IL's family dinner they had asked what the name of the baby was AGAIN, and DH said Haylee, and SIL's fiance was like yeah isn't it like Rain forest or rainfall or something? They all have basic names, like Sarah, Jeff, Chris, John etc, nothing rythmatic or....what's the word Im looking for? LOL, anyways, it bothered the crap out of me that they were making fun of her name and she wasn't even born. So for her sake and to save her from humiliation when she gets older I don't want to put it in there.

January 31st, 2007, 08:47 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks for your help ladies!I have some decision making to do and quick for the invitations to the baby shower. Im not a fan of Claudette either...but it has to be in there out of respect to my relitives and my father. And at the IL's family dinner they had asked what the name of the baby was AGAIN, and DH said Haylee, and SIL's fiance was like yeah isn't it like Rain forest or rainfall or something? They all have basic names, like Sarah, Jeff, Chris, John etc, nothing rythmatic or....what's the word Im looking for? LOL, anyways, it bothered the crap out of me that they were making fun of her name and she wasn't even born. So for her sake and to save her from humiliation when she gets older I don't want to put it in there.[/b]
Well, if that's what they're used to I think Fern, Sophia, Julianne, Isabella, Vanessa, etc are good choices.

Maybe they'd like Haylee Sophia Claudette? It's not that much like Rayne (not even really the same style) but it's a "normal" name and the flow is very nice.

</div>
January 31st, 2007, 09:02 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, if you love Rayne you should still use it. You should use a name you love and not worry about other people's rude comments. Plus, it is the 2nd middle name and the name wouldn't be used very often, if at all.
January 31st, 2007, 09:53 AM
MamaBx3
I'm sorry that people gave you a hard time !
I personally love the name Rayne ! I think you should use it if you both love it , who cares what people say !

Haylee Olivia Claudette is gorgeous ! It flows so nicely and is so pretty ! If I were you , I would use that ! I think it's beautiful
January 31st, 2007, 04:31 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Haylee Claudette Rayne
I like it the way it is.. very beautiful!!! If you really feel that the family can't be grown up and must tease a newborn, what if you shorten it to Rae?

February 1st, 2007, 08:58 AM
TanyaD
I wouldn't dare change the name that YOU love for the fact that some rude people couldn't keep their mouth shut....If you love this name then use it....It has a nice, flowing sound....USE IT!
February 1st, 2007, 11:58 AM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love it with the Olivia but if Rayne is what you had your heart set on then stick to it! Other people had their chance to name kids now it's yours & you should chose what you love. Otherwise you might regret having listened to other peoples opinions instead of going with what you wanted.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search