Is the name Meredith Reese really that awful!?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2007, 11:31 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Meredith hasn't always been one of my favorites, but I think the combination with "Reese" is really pretty.

Like the other ladies said, if you love it, go for it. They don't get to name her.

It reminds me of a friend I had from Nigeria who said that when a baby is born in her culture, every aunt and uncle get to give the baby a name. She had literally 12 middle names. She could barely remember them all in order! And she came to America and adopted a nickname that was easier to pronounce anyway.

The only person who really has to like the name is Meredith.

February 6th, 2007, 06:39 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that some family members are being like that. I think Meredith is a wonderful name, I'm considering using it as a future middle name because Matt's mom's name is Mary and I don't like Mary... so Meredith would be the next choice! And I think Reese is cute too. I really like the combo, its adorable! You have been set on this name for soooooooooo long, I'd really hate for you to change it just because some family members were giving you a hard time. If you still love the name, use it.... your family will get over it and once Meredith is born everyone will see that the name fits her perfectly!
February 6th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally agree with everyone! I love the name..If I had had a girl last time her name was going to be Reese but when I had a boy I names him Jake b/c I like the name (and my first son is after DH Ryan) so I thought ohoh ryan and jake that is sooo cute together (especially if you have ever watched sixteen candles) and my dh;s G-ma had a fit!! She said we should name him after someone in the family like dh's father (ramiro) ha can you picture my precious baby as a ramiro or ralph as we call dh's dad. anyhow stick to your guns its your baby and when you conmceived her it was only you and dh there so its your choice.

February 6th, 2007, 08:00 AM
meanboys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's a beautiful name. Meredith is not a name you hear very often and I like that.

I've always kept name ideas to myself. I tend to like non mainstream names and I hate all of the negative opinions. I LOVED Greer for a girl when I was pg with my first. Everyone went on and on about what a horrid name it was. I ended up with a boy, but lo and behold years later Brooke Shields chooses that name and everyone oohs and ahhs over it

Name the baby what you like as after all - you will be using her name most often!
February 6th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
I've seen that name in your post and thought to myself many times, what a pretty name! I hadn't heard any little girls by that name and while out at a restaurant I heard a mother calling to her daughter Meredith. She was adorable and so was the name. I'm glad your sticking with what you like and ignoring negative comments.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

February 6th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Christababe85
Don't you worry about that, name your little girl whatever you want, in this case Meredith Reese. I wouldn't personally use Meredith but I think Reese is adorable!
February 6th, 2007, 05:54 PM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I say forget them & name your baby what you want! I think that they sound good together & you + your DH like it so that's all that matters. I don't understand why people have to always put in their 0.2 cents about names.
February 6th, 2007, 06:01 PM
FOUR21's Avatar Member
Send a message via MSN to FOUR21
I love the name Meredith! It sounds so classic And I like Reese
I think it's a great combo!

~Aubrey or Braydon~
February 6th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I REALLY don't like Meredith OR Reese, BUT she will be YOUR daughter.. DO NOT listen to anyone in your family (or anyone for that matter). You love the name.. she's YOUR daughter -- that's what matters. Your family will just have to get over it!
February 6th, 2007, 11:50 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks!! I've had her named picked out since forever...I just wish I hadn't opened my big mouth and let it slip. I figured they wouldn't be as cruel if they knew her name AFTER she was born.[/b]
This is why I plan to keep our baby name ideas a secret... the worry being either someone who doesn't like it will talk you out of it, or a friend or family member will like it so much that they "steal" it from you!

February 7th, 2007, 06:33 AM
TheBoyMaker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ITA on not telling family the name of your child until after he/she is born! Its so much easier.
In all honesty, I love both your girls' names!!

J-Bird 🐦December 16, 2001
Monkey🐒 September 10, 2006
Roo 🐾October 7, 2008
Turtle 🐢December 26, 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search