This is not a joke..

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2007, 07:07 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
not a fan, my sil who is having a c=section is calling her boy Caius

February 7th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Well ... first I thought "Why the heck would she name a kid Chaos?"

But being the person I am, I also thought about how in Greek mythology Chaos is the void that the first gods appeared out of.

So now that I think about it, it doesn't seem any weirder than Nevaeh or Angel or any biblical or "religious" name. It just happens to be from a non-Christian religion. The idea is the same. And I do appreciate that it's spelled correctly.[/b]
And I like Greek mythology, too. And it has nothing to do with Christianity or anything.

Merriam Webster sez:
1 obsolete : chasm, abyss
2 a) often capitalized : a state of things in which chance is supreme; especially : the confused unorganized state of primordial matter before the creation of distinct forms — compare cosmos b: the inherent unpredictability in the behavior of a complex natural system (as the atmosphere, boiling water, or the beating heart)3 a: a state of utter confusion <the blackout caused chaos throughout the city> B) a confused mass or mixture <a chaos of television antennas>
[/b]
I'm fully aware of what the word Chaos means in English. That is my personal association with the word and I'm also fully aware that yours probably isn't the same.

Quote:
but she's not doing it for any meaning, other than she has a crazy life, and tons of crazy guys in and out of her life, and she says her whole life is chaos so he should just get prepared for that... his name will teach him that or whatever... its not some greek type mythology or meaningful type of thing[/b]
That's what I would say if an acquaintance of mine wanted to name her baby Chaos, which is what you asked. I know that's not her reason but that's what I thought of.

If my opinion offended you, I'm sorry I offered it. I thought I'd explain why I don't think the name's absolutely terrible instead of just saying "Hm I like it!".

</div>
February 7th, 2007, 08:10 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well you'd think she already HAD enough Chaos in her life and didn't need any more!

Just goes to show, people who live their life from one crisis to the next... are usually doing something to invite that into their life!

For her sake, and the kid's, I hope her kid doesn't grow into his name.

February 7th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I'm really liking Chaos, it sounds so cool.
February 7th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Elysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Elysia Send a message via MSN to Elysia
I don't completely object to the name but I wouldn't use it....It's just that little too overboard for my taste
February 8th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
and she says her whole life is chaos so he should just get prepared for that...[/b]
Wow, what a great parent I'm sad for this child, not just because the name Chaos is obsurd, but that she is starting out his life w/ this kind of attitude.
[/b]
That is how I feel......
February 9th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Regular
Sorry....! I have no words to express ......!! I too don't like the name.

« Lea | Baby Names | Danica »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search