Let's Hear it Ladies!!!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2005, 10:15 PM
ARRRHHHHH!!!!

MY DH is making me furious!!! This naming of the baby thing is becomming an all out war. He is coming up with some of the worst names and rejects every name that I suggest.

I love names like Preston, Aiden, and Peyton. I'll even go as far as saying I like Charlie. (Names that are cute as a baby, but still have dignity as a man.)

But he likes names like Vardus, Brant, Carl, and Colt. Who is he kidding?

I WILL NEVER NAME MY CHILD VARDUS!!!! (No offense to any Varduses out there.)

So please, please, make me feel better. Please tell me that I am not the only one going through "The Name War".

Shelby
June 30th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Ethan&Tuckersmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ethan&Tuckersmom
I went throught the same thing with my last pg i love the name Nyla and Brady and he wants to name a girl Lisa Lee or David jr im sorry to one whos names are theses or your kids names are these . I dont like those names our last name is Smith for god sacs our sons we have are Ethan David and Tucker Alexzander and then he wants to go name a girl Lisa Lee YUCK I know how u feel good luck

Jen
<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Ethan David</font>
</center>

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Tucker Alexzander</font>
<a href="http://lilypie.com">
June 30th, 2005, 08:27 AM
MichiganMom's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MichiganMom
I understand how you feel - it was an all-out battle when we were trying to pick our daughter's name. Your DH did better than mine tho - not only did Don not like a single name of mine, he wouldn't give me any ideas on names he DID like. In the end, I told him he needed to help me out with this or he would have *no* say at all, which is how we ended up with Shanley.
June 30th, 2005, 10:43 AM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by MichiganMom@Jun 30 2005, 10:27 AM
I understand how you feel - it was an all-out battle when we were trying to pick our daughter's name. Your DH did better than mine tho - not only did Don not like a single name of mine, he wouldn't give me any ideas on names he DID like. In the end, I told him he needed to help me out with this or he would have *no* say at all, which is how we ended up with Shanley.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Ohhhh MichMom, you have no idea how exactly you described the situation in our home. I mean, almost to a T. Me coming up with hundreds of names. Him rejecting everything without any suggestions whatsoever. Oh wait - the one suggestion was, why not name her after my name?? He liked my name. How's that for lazy?!? I dunno. I'm used to your name. How about your name? AHHHHHH. I threatened to hijack the birth certificate before he got to it and he rolled his eyes.

Eventually we did settle on something acceptable to both of us, but I can't tell you how I dread dread dread trying to name the new little bean in the oven. God forbid this one is a girl - we already went through every option for that gender!
June 30th, 2005, 04:40 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I am all for comprimise, but I don't have a DH that I have to go to battle with about our children's names. I like some of your choices and some of his. You could blend the names you both like together. Some examples are:
Preston Colt
Preston Brant
Aiden Colt
Aiden Brant

and if you like Charlie or Charles, you could do

Charles Brant (shortening it to Charlie as a nickname)
Charlie Brant (if you didn't want to use Charles)

I am concluding you are expecting a boy, and I love the name Peyton, but I have only heard it as a girls name. If you truely don't like the names he's chosen and you still don't like them blended with yours, I wish you the best of luck with your hubby.

I hope I was helpful. Let us know what happens. And on a side note, I completely agree about Vardus. Sounds like a name one of the vikings would have had.

Christina

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

July 1st, 2005, 12:37 AM
My husband told me this morning he hates the name Vesna and he's only letting me name her Vesna because I'll whinge constantly if I don't get my way. I had to laugh, we agreeded together to name her Vesna, and ever since he's been saying he doesn't like it more and more. He was reading this post just before and walked off mumbling something about Vardus being like Vesna, he will not stop.
Hopefully it'll grow on him, he changes his mind constantly. He liked the name Mishella until a week before she was born, then he hated it. He spent the first 2 weeks after she was born complaining not stop about how he didn't like the name Mishella, can we change it? Then he decided he liked it, and liked it until she was 2 when he told me out of the blue he didn't like it again. I swear I married a lunatic, we'll be 90 one day and out of the blue he'll probably start complaining about our children's names...I can see it happening.
I love the name Peyton, my friend named her daughter Peyton, but she spelt it Paityn, I always thought it was so pretty...I also love it as a boys name, and I love Aiden too.
July 1st, 2005, 10:32 PM
c_robinson19's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to c_robinson19 Send a message via Yahoo to c_robinson19
My DH is set on when we have children naming them Nicole or Lewis after our middle names. I hate Lewis, and i like Nicole, but i dont want my child to be named after me, because i dont want him/her to feel they must be like me or DH. Other named he's shot down are

Phoebe
Alyssa
Aimee
Pipper
Holly
Roslyn
Danielle
Sara
Shannon
Jennifer
Felicity
Whittney
Wyatt
Aiden
Lucas
Brett
Trenton
Justin
Ryan
Micheal
Laken
Joesph
Rocky
Mark
He wants different names for our children. Its an on going fight and im scared that we will end up naming our children hey you, Hey boy, or hey girl.
July 2nd, 2005, 07:10 PM
proudmommy's Avatar Member
Well Dh and I had a war with Brantly's name. I wanted Ethan Rilee and he wanted Jacob Brant so somehow Brantly came out of the mix and then Jacob I dunno. The other day he said he would now call our some Jacob because Brantly was the dumbest aggravating name ever! How old is he 10? Brantly is five! Anyway with Addi he wished to name her after HIS mother. Well I do not want my daughter named Wimbleton Beth (his mother's name is Beth Wimbleton). I mean c'mon. Then he denied every name I could come up with. Then one day we heard the name Addison and he said 'that's the kind of name that a kid needs' so I said we could do that and maybelle (pronounced Table with a 'M' Maybelle). He hated Maybelle but he got his way on Addison so just work with him. I know its hard but try.
</center>
<center><p style="background:white;"><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Clint and Karen-happily married Aug. 17, 1998</font>
</p></center>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TTC #3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Girl: Cordelia Faye (Cordie or Delia) or Alaya Beth
Boy: Tucker Alexander James or Keller Lucas Patrick
July 2nd, 2005, 09:55 PM
Oh No!! I hope he didn't stop liking Vesna because of my post... I'm sorry!!

But of course, the baby name wars continue. :lol

Quote:
Originally posted by Jean@Jul 1 2005, 02:37 AM
My husband told me this morning he hates the name Vesna and he's only letting me name her Vesna because I'll whinge constantly if I don't get my way. I had to laugh, we agreeded together to name her Vesna, and ever since he's been saying he doesn't like it more and more. He was reading this post just before and walked off mumbling something about Vardus being like Vesna, he will not stop.
Hopefully it'll grow on him, he changes his mind constantly. He liked the name Mishella until a week before she was born, then he hated it. He spent the first 2 weeks after she was born complaining not stop about how he didn't like the name Mishella, can we change it? Then he decided he liked it, and liked it until she was 2 when he told me out of the blue he didn't like it again. I swear I married a lunatic, we'll be 90 one day and out of the blue he'll probably start complaining about our children's names...I can see it happening.
I love the name Peyton, my friend named her daughter Peyton, but she spelt it Paityn, I always thought it was so pretty...I also love it as a boys name, and I love Aiden too.
[/quote]
July 3rd, 2005, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Oh No!! I hope he didn't stop liking Vesna because of my post... I'm sorry!!

But of course, the baby name wars continue.* :lol[/b]
lol, no he didnt stop liking it because of your post. He's been saying more and more he doesn't like the name Vesna, and he was comparing it to Vardus, possibly in a bid to make me dislike the name Vesna. One of these days he's going to realise his constant complaining won't make me change my choice of name. Hopefully soon he will because he's annoying me!!
July 3rd, 2005, 05:16 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
c_robinson19 - I see a lot of Charmed names in your list.

Well, I am sorry for everyone who has to go through these "wars". I don't envy you at all. But since I am doing this solo I guess the only person I have to argue with is myself.
July 4th, 2005, 09:28 PM
I admire you! Sometimes I think it would be alot easier. Good luck with your little one. You are very blessed.

Quote:
Originally posted by autumnsun@Jul 3 2005, 07:16 AM
c_robinson19 - I see a lot of Charmed names in your list.

Well, I am sorry for everyone who has to go through these "wars". I don't envy you at all. But since I am doing this solo I guess the only person I have to argue with is myself.
[/quote]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search