Need some quick name advice!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2007, 03:40 PM
NewMami2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone. Well, I thought me and DF had the whole name thing figured out until last night. We decided on the name Destiny, and that was his suggestion so I was under the impression that I was choosing the middle name so I chose Rose. Well, last night while we were on the phone (DF is in jail) I said "I came up with a middle name" and he said, "Destiny?" and I said "Um no, that's the first name" Too make a long story short, he has been calling her Princess Destiny, and I thought that he was just calling her that, I didn't realize he wanted Princess as the first name! Too make things worse, he is completely against Rose for a middle name. But I told him that I am not going to call her Princess even if I did decide to put that on her birth certificate, and he was okay with that! So he wants the birth certificate to read Princess Destiny D***** and I really dont know what to do, because I dont want people to call her Princess, I want them to call her Destiny, and he is 100% okay with everyone calling her Destiny, but really wants Princess on there. And to eb honest, I'm still in love with the name Destiny Rose. But I dont want to just ignore his wishes and put what I want on the birth certificate either. Any suggestions? Sorry, I know I kind of babbled and when I was typing it, it sounded like no big deal, but hopefully soemone has a little advice.

</div>
February 8th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Super Mommy
Be nice but stand your ground and use the name you love--Destiny Rose. Your daughter will thank you for it!

Maybe you can tell DF that "Princess" can be his special name for his little girl. But it doesn't need to show up on the birth certificate.
February 8th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Katzchen
Quote:
Be nice but stand your ground and use the name you love--Destiny Rose. Your daughter will thank you for it!

Maybe you can tell DF that "Princess" can be his special name for his little girl. But it doesn't need to show up on the birth certificate.[/b]
February 8th, 2007, 04:19 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also agree. Please don't use or put Princess on the birth certificate. You will be doing her a huge favor!
February 8th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I agree, go with your gut.
February 8th, 2007, 04:59 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, if your SO wants to call his daughter Princess that's a great nickname... but at the risk of offending, I think putting Princess on a birth certificate is plain silly. Even real Princesses aren't actually named "Princess" Diana or whatever.

Your choice of Destiny Rose is beautiful! You will be doing your daughter a big favor if you go ahead and put Destiny Rose on her birth certificate, and if all her daddy ever calls her is Princess, then so be it.

February 8th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name her Destiny Briar Rose or Destiny Briar-Rose! Seriously!

Remember the princess in the story of Sleeping Beauty? Well Disney calls her Aurora but in older stories her name is Briar Rose. Name her after a princess and that can be her daddy's nickname for her.

</div>
February 8th, 2007, 05:55 PM
hardstairs.
I really like above ideas & think it goes really nice together but I agree with all the other ladies.
February 8th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Candice Send a message via Yahoo to Candice
Why not find a name that MEANS Princess and ad it to her name

As an Example Sarah is Hebrew for Princess... so you could name her Destiny Sarah Rose

Princess is techincally in her name.

There has to be a list of names that mean Princess somwhere!

I love Destiny Rose!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16b04c <--- CLICK ME TO STALK THE CHART
February 8th, 2007, 06:57 PM
TanyaD
Oh, don't give her the name Princess on her birth certificate! I was younger when I had my daughter (19) & I had some "unique" names picked & now that i am older i am sooooo glad i didnt give her any of those. names like that are not cute. jmo!
February 8th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Joni927's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with everyone! Jadyn also means princess in Polish. If he's just dead set on Princess apearing on the birth certificate, maybe that could be the middle name? At least then, no teacher would ever slip and call her that in front of the class...

Thank you so much, Jessica "dettmer26", for the beautiful siggie!

</div>
February 9th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Regular
I to agree with the comments given above ....! I think "Destiny Rose" is cute and beautiful name... Im loving it !!!!
February 9th, 2007, 06:46 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am in agreement with everyone else, BUT, since its his baby too, maybe on the birth certificate you could put Princess Destiny Rose...and nobody would ever even have to know that Princess was on there besides the two of you. There are ways around having Princess appear on legal papers, mail, school records, etc.
To be honest, I wouldnt do it, but since hes not in the position to be a part of it all right now, it may really mean a lot to him. Good Luck in whatever you decide, and let us know.
By the way, I think Destiny Rose is beautiful!

February 9th, 2007, 03:26 PM
bootyqueen's Avatar Veteran
I agree with the other ladies... Stand your ground... DO NOT name a girl Princess!!! She will come to hate it!

</a>

<span style="color:#008000">"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain"
-Louisa May Alcott</span>
February 9th, 2007, 03:33 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I googled "Baby names meaning princess" I found a site that gave me a list of names that pertain (not all meaning) to princess. Maybe you will like one of them?

Aaricia
Adelaide
Aida
Alexandra
Amelia*
Amira
Andromeda
Anitra
Ann*
Audrey*
Aurora
Caroline
Cassandra
Cressida
Dagmar
Diana
Fabiola
Fidelma
Galiana
Grace*
Isolde
Jahzara
Jasmine
Lee*
Leilani
Melissa
Mersera
Nausicaa
Olga
Padme
Philomela
Roxanne
Sadie*
Saisha
Salamasina
Sally
Sarah*
Sariah
Semele
Soraya
Suri
Taisie
Winifred
Xenia
Yasmin
Zara

Here is the site if you'd like to read about any of the names:
http://www.thinkbabynames.com/search/0/princess

* indicates the ones I think are best
February 9th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Marissa Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa
I agree; don't put Princess on the birth certificate. Tell him that princess can be his special name for your daugther. Put Destiny Rose on the birth certificate.
February 9th, 2007, 04:36 PM
NewMami2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much! Those are some good ideas and I will not be putting Princess as her first name, because as you guys have said, and so have some other people, this is one thing I need to stand my ground on. I ahven't decided for sure what to do, but I will let you all know when I do.
er!ca- I wanted to thank you for the list of names. I like some of those too, and maybe he'll like on of those better than Rose.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search