Name Help

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I'll focus on boys since it's harder to find something that fits with Eugene IMO.

Eugene's top popularity came between 1927 and 1929. Here are some other popular names from those years, so that they don't seem to clash. Plus none of them are made up or really unique, that's guaranteed!

Robert
John
James
Charles
Richard
George
Donald
Joseph
Edward
Thomas
Frank
Paul
Harold
Raymond
Jack
Walter
Kenneth
Henry
David

I think Robert Eugene sounds pretty nice and it's not as stuffy as some of the others (like maybe Harold!). I'd also go for Joseph Eugene, Raymond Eugene, or Kenneth Eugene. Edward Eugene isn't half bad either.

Maybe something in there will work for you.

</div>
February 11th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I like David Eugene.

Names that fit with your boys:

Jacob
Zachary
Lucas/Luke
Sebastian
Ian
Owen
Caleb
Alec
Alexander/Alex
Andrew
Benjamin
Brandon
Elliot
Stephan
Patrick
Nathan
Mitchell
Joshua
Hayden
Gabriel
Charles/Charlie
February 11th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
David Eugene
Joseph Eugene
Christopher Eugene
Patrick Eugene
Henry Eugene

(I like Henry the best... with Patrick and David as close seconds)

Morgan Elisabeth, definitely!

I know Elizabeth/Elisabeth is a VERY common name, but I've always thought it was pretty... and "classic" sounding.

February 11th, 2007, 02:38 PM
chlodoll
SAY IT LIKE IT IS GIRLFRIEND!
February 11th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Miss.Tee
Alison, I'm sooooooooooo excited for you I, on the other hand, really like both names you two have picked out and as far as the previous comment dissing it ( ) - JUST AS LONG AS THE TWO OF YOU LOVE IT, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS (but you already know that )!!
February 11th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Vieklenz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Vieklenz
Quote:
REALLY dislike the names Eugene and Elisabeth...but I do like the spelling of Elisabeth.[/b]
At least she threw in a nice thing after she was so incredibly rude...

Anyway, I think you should go for Colby Eugene.
February 11th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Miss.Tee
And if it's a girl, Stephanie Elisabeth... right, Steph
February 11th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Katzchen
For boys:

Wiley Eugene
Wyatt Eugene
Hunter Eugene
Bryant Eugene
Malcolm Eugene
Mason Eugene
Colin Eugene
Nicholas Eugene
David Eugene
Lucas Eugene

For Girls:

Julia Elisabeth (my fav!)
Ava Elisabeth
Audrey Elisabeth
Brianna Elisabeth
Hayley Elisabeth
Avery Elisabeth
Aubrey Elisabeth
Layla/ Leila Elisabeth
Lila Elisabeth
Juliet Elisabeth
February 11th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did the same thing with Elisabeth as I did with Eugene and the highest it's ever gotten was #313, I think. So I went with the Elizabeth spelling (just for the sake of names popular in the same era) and it peaked at #3 between 1887 and 1890. More from the top 20 of those years:

Mary
Anna
Margaret
Minnie
Bertha
Clara
Florence
Ida
Ethel
Annie
Bessie
Alice
Grace
Martha
Mabel
Nellie
Sarah
Helen
Edna
Lillian

Do any of those sound good? I think Annie Elisabeth and Lillian Elisabeth are very pretty! Alice Elisabeth and Margaret Elisabeth are nice too. I left out Emma and Ella since those are popular today.

</div>
February 11th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
...maybe its just me, but I didnt think Emily was rude at all. She was just giving her opinion... that IS what this board is about, right? Besides, I dont think she said it to be mean. You'd have to ask her though.

Oh and Lauren, I think Margaret Elisabeth is very nice. good suggestion.

February 11th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Vieklenz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Vieklenz
That's right, Misty!!!

AliSUn-I have a friend with a daughter, Lilly Elisabeth. I really like that!!!
February 11th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Miss.Tee
Quote:
...maybe its just me, but I didnt think Emily was rude at all. She was just giving her opinion... that IS what this board is about, right? Besides, I dont think she said it to be mean. You'd have to ask her though.

Oh and Lauren, I think Margaret Elisabeth is very nice. good suggestion. [/b]
Like Alison said, she didnt come here to ask people if they liked the names they've chosen for their baby. She came here to get suggestions that go with them. And, I mean... how can you not be rude when you say you REALLY (notice the caps she put) dislike a name? .. ..Is this the drama Britanie was talking about being the reason she stepped down?
February 11th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Quote:

Oh and Lauren, I think Margaret Elisabeth is very nice. good suggestion. [/b]
Like Alison said, she didnt come here to ask people if they liked the names they've chosen for their baby. She came here to get suggestions that go with them. And, I mean... how can you not be rude when you say you REALLY (notice the caps she put) dislike a name? .. ..Is this the drama Britanie was talking about being the reason she stepped down?
[/b]
Yes, but in my opinion (MY opinion) it doesnt matter if she asked or not... this board is about giving opinions on names... and Emily gave her's.

And I really dont see how her comment was rude (again, thats me). I *REALLY* (with extra stars around it) dislike the name Jayden, so am I being rude if someone who named their kid Jayden is offended by that?

And I have no idea about the "drama"... I only just started posting here yesterday... and besides, lol... I dont think this is drama at all. We're just discussing our opinions about something. We just happen to disagree Thats not drama.

February 11th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Miss.Tee
Well, you see... it's *MY OPINION* that you only say 'yes, I like that name' or 'no, I do not' when people write "EMANON - WDYT?" But, hey, I guess that's just me And again, Alison didnt ask what anybody's opinion was. I guess some people just have more respect for others.
February 11th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Well, you see... it's *MY OPINION* that you only say 'yes, I like that name' or 'no, I do not' when people write "EMANON - WDYT?" But, hey, I guess that's just me And again, Alison didnt ask what anybody's opinion was. I guess some people just have more respect for others.[/b]
I understand where you're coming from.

...all I was trying to say was that I didnt think she was trying to be mean or rude when she said that and that I didnt see what the big deal was.

But I guess I'm a "bad guy" here now. *sigh* oh well.

February 11th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Miss.Tee
I never said you were a bad guy...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search