Kailen?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2007, 10:44 AM
~*Jess*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~*Jess*~
what do you ladies think about Kailen for a boy? i love it and think it is THE name for my baby...if it turns out to be a boy. my dd is Illeanna and i just think Kailen is wonderful. thanks

February 12th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Katzchen
Its not my style... But do you have a middle name picked out? I love hearing the combos people pick, it always gives me new ideas!

I do think Kailen and Illeanna go well together, though.
February 12th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Honestly, I thought it was a girl's name (until you said otherwise)... and I didnt really care for it then (its nms... sounds too much like the ultra-trendy Kaitlyn)... but I also dont like it as a boys name. Though, it would be more unique as a boy's name...

It kind of sounds similar to Colin... and I really like Colin.

ETA: btw, I think Illeanna is a beautiful name.

February 12th, 2007, 10:56 AM
the way it would be pronounced, would be Kye-len not Kay-len. if that makes a difference.

February 12th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
The pronounciation Kye-len is a lot better... but I think it might be pronounced wrong a lot with that spelling, ya know? Is there any other way to spell it?

ETA: I like your user icon (avatar, whatever)... I havent seen you over at the Pagan/Wiccan board here at JM... you should visit us over there (if ya havent already)

February 12th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Katzchen
Quote:
the way it would be pronounced, would be Kye-len not Kay-len. if that makes a difference.[/b]

I do like Kye-len much better then Kay-len, but I worry that a lot of people would mispronounce it since Kaiden and Jailen are similar and so popular right now.

I'm not sure how I would spell it though, maybe Kylen?
February 12th, 2007, 11:04 AM
well, you are gonna get a kick out of this LOL, i looked up this name, after dreaming about it. i dreamed that this was a boy and this was his name. there are other ways to spell it that i found, but they arent pronounced the same. i could change it to Kylen or somehting, but it was spelled Kai in my dream too. sorry. its just really wierd. this s how it happened with illeanna too.

here are the other variations...Kalen, Kailen, Kalan, Kallan, Kheelan, Kellen

February 12th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Katzchen
Quote:
well, you are gonna get a kick out of this LOL, i looked up this name, after dreaming about it. i dreamed that this was a boy and this was his name. there are other ways to spell it that i found, but they arent pronounced the same. i could change it to Kylen or somehting, but it was spelled Kai in my dream too. sorry. its just really wierd. this s how it happened with illeanna too.

here are the other variations...Kalen, Kailen, Kalan, Kallan, Kheelan, Kellen[/b]

That is awesome! I wish I could dream up the perfect name for my kids!

The Kailen spelling does make sense, especially since I know that the name Kai is pronounce K-eye not K-ay.

If you do end up with a boy, I think I would leave the spelling the way it was in your dream!
February 12th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Quote:

here are the other variations...Kalen, Kailen, Kalan, Kallan, Kheelan, Kellen[/b]
I love Kellen.

February 12th, 2007, 11:59 AM
I like Kylen. I think Kailen would get pronounced as KAY-lin all the time, and although I love the sound of that, it sounds more like a girl's name to me.

It's way cool that you dreamed your baby's name. Sounds like it was meant to be!
February 12th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kellen is my number one choice for a boy and that is pretty close

other wise, as much as i like the KAI for Ky sound... i just think it wil be a lifetime of correcting people

Kailan? does that change it?

February 12th, 2007, 02:54 PM
MommytoOliviaandCole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kellen would be my favorite.

February 12th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Xtine's Avatar Hip Fresh & Famous
I don't like it much. I think it is too trendy for my taste.
February 12th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would pronounce that Kye-lin if I saw it written down but I do see how it could be mispronounced by a lot of people.

The spelling is trendy for my taste but it has a very nice sound! I prefer the sound of this a lot over Kellen.

If you like it I think it's great. Especially since it came to you in a dream; that gives it a special meaning and is maybe enough to keep the spelling the same anyway!

</div>
February 12th, 2007, 07:09 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I like Kylen. I think Kailen would get pronounced as KAY-lin all the time, and although I love the sound of that, it sounds more like a girl's name to me.[/b]
I like Kylen (spelt that way) for a boy. I think you'd get alot of Kay-lin if you used the Kailen spelling. It's cute though!

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

February 12th, 2007, 07:13 PM
irishxrose
Cute name! And that is awesome that you dreamed it.
February 12th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally agree

Kellen is our first choice
Kieran is our second (my list is in WTTC with more K names)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search