Kenlee Nacole

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Wow, I didn't realize my idea would be so hated. Maybe it's not just my DH that hates it. Oh well...doesn't matter anyway...knowing my luck the baby will be a boy and all my hoping to use these names will be for nothing.
February 12th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont think i hate it... its just awkward.. hey you might start a trend.

February 12th, 2007, 08:29 PM
irishxrose
It's not that we hate it... it's just it sounds bad? I don't know, I don't want to seem rude or anything.
February 12th, 2007, 08:32 PM
yeah i agree andrika.. its not a hate thing.. I just think something about using the A in a traditional I name.... when i've NEVER seen it, makes it different for me to adjust to

something about making Nah-cole more phonetic by spelling it with the A, makes it.. ? i'm not sure what the words are, but I dont think its soo of the wall that its just horrible. just constructive criticism

February 12th, 2007, 10:10 PM
chlodoll
I wouldnt go changing Nicole around.

ps jodi is killing me tonight
February 13th, 2007, 05:48 AM
I don't know...I guess the whole discussion has just really hurt my feelings. Maybe it's partially because I'm overly emotional right now, and partially because I'm emotionally staked in the names that I picked, and I made that clear from the beginning. I just felt like I was getting slammed in all of the messages.

It's odd to me that people think it's totally acceptable to add silent "h"s or other random letters in the middle of a name to make them unique, but I wanted to modify a name to another spelling that made perfect phoenetic sense, and everyone is going off about it. I know if probably sounds weird that I want to incorporate honor for so many different family members in one baby name, but the truth is, this is going to be the only baby I ever have, and if I want to honor anyone, I'd better do it now. Adding "lee" to the end of a name wasn't to be part of some cutesy trend. It was to incorporate THE most influential man in my life (since my dad died when I was two, my grandpa was my father figure), who I lost a few years ago. And trying to use part of my grandmother's name was to honor her because I was very close to her growing up, and at her funeral, all I could think was that I never got to show her how much she meant to me.

I just don't think this forum is right for me. I thought people would say "it's cute" or "it's not my style", I didn't realize that it would turn into a discussion where I would feel like my heart was being stomped on.
February 13th, 2007, 11:23 AM
chlodoll
You asked what everyone thought. I think you have to accept that people are going to tell what they think if you put it out there. If you had gone more indepth about the importance to you the responses may have been different.

I think Nadine is a pretty name. Why not just Kenlee Nadine
February 13th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I"m sorry, i thought you were asking for criticism, constructively on the name.. I thought that was what were giving.. I dont think anyone is slamming you, and I was even saying if you want to use it, then do it! I thought you were seeking criticism on it though and thats what I was trying to offer

oh and the kenlee part isn't really what everyone is focusing on.. its the nacole i think

February 13th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I'm sorry that I got so upset and had a rant this morning. Like I said before, I guess I'm overly emotional right now, and those names had emotional attachments for me. I appreciate MOST of your input, and creative ideas like rearranging the spelling of Nadine to make Dianna. I've just always thought that Nadine was SO "old lady" sounding...maybe because my grandma was the only person I've ever known that was named Nadine, and, well...she was an old lady. I always thought that I'd change it to Nadeea and incorporate it into my baby's name, but with Naveah being so popular right now (and having been used by my husband's ex for her new baby), I had to change my plan to something different.

I was really surprised at all the negative feedback on Nacole, because it's so common now to modify the spelling of names, I guess I didn't expect Nicole to be off-limits on the list of names whose spellings seem almost sacred.

I apprecite the input and the replies of the people who've tried to make me feel better. Sorry to have caused a commotion.
February 13th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Katzchen
I have an idea for a middle name if you choose not to use Nacole...

Nadine kind of means hope (Nadine is the French form of Nadia which is the Russian nn form of Nadezhda which means hope!) and I think Kenlee Hope is really cute!

Other names that mean 'hope'

Esperanza (Spanish)
Amalia or Amala (amal is hope in Arabic)

I also think that Kenlee Nadine is cute, but if you like Kenlee Nacole, go for it! It really only matters what you and youe DH think!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search