Kenlee Nacole

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Okay...I'm only 6 weeks along, so I have no idea whether I'll be having a girl, but I REALLY want a girl, so I'm focusing on girl names!

My favorite (and pretty much only) choice is Kenlee Nacole. The first name is a combination of my brother's name (Kent), my grandfather's middle name (Lee). The NA spelling in Nacole comes from wanting to incorporate my grandmother's name (Nadine), but I Nadine sounds so old fashioned, and I thought it was a cute spelling, as opposed to the traditional Nicole.

What do you think? DH doesn't hate it, but doesn't love it either. I'm trying to make it grow on him by just saying "little Kenlee Nacole" everytime I refer to the baby, but he's still going to make me make a list of other options...
February 12th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
I think its cute. The different spelling isn't really my style but it has good meaning behind it. I really like the name Nadine as a mn also though. Just think Kenlee Nadine.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

February 12th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Katzchen
Its not my style, but I think the two names flow well.
February 12th, 2007, 03:30 PM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
I don't like the different spelling & actually think that Nadine would make a great middle name.

February 12th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Super Mommy
That's neat you were able to combine Kent and Lee to get a name you liked.

I really dislike the spelling of Nacole, even though I think it is sweet you want to incorporate Nadine, I would just either use the name Nadine or drop the idea altogether. I guess the nicest way to say it is that spelling it Nacole looks like someone who can't spell.
February 12th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Xtine's Avatar Hip Fresh & Famous
I don't care for the modified spellings. Kenlee is not my style, it sounds too much like Kingsley.
February 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While I like that you're honoring relatives, I really don't like the Nacole spelling at all. Kenlee Nadine or Kenlee Nadia or Kenlee Dina are better choices, IMO.
February 12th, 2007, 05:26 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love Kenlee, Nacole isnt my style-but I do think the name flows well. I dont like the spelling of Nacole, and I think Kenlee Nadine is even cuter than Kenlee Nacole!

February 12th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Azlynn's Avatar Veteran
Kenlee- nms but it's cute and I like the family names associated with it

Nacole-umm have to agree with most, this just looks odd and I think Kenlee Nadine is adorable!!!
February 12th, 2007, 06:59 PM
~Danielle~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think its cute. Nacole isnt really my style, but since their is meaning behind it then Im all for it!

February 12th, 2007, 07:23 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not a fan of Kenlee and I prefer the spelling Kenlie or Kinlee. I don't like Nacole either.
February 12th, 2007, 07:25 PM
meanboys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with everyone else. I like Kenlee but although the reasons for the spelling are really nice, I just don't care for Nacole at all. I really think Kenlee Nadine is cute and original. I like that even better.
February 12th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do like the way it flows.

If I had those names to work with I would probably use Kinley Dianne. I mean, Kinley still obviously comes from Ken and Lee but then she'll have her own spelling, kwim? I agree with you on not liking Nadine at all. I think that using the middle name Dianne would get around that pretty well (rearrange the letters in Nadine) ... you could spell it Diane but I've seen it spelled Dianne before and that would incorporate all the letters.

Would Kinley Dianne do it for you?

If not I still like the sound.

</div>
February 12th, 2007, 08:19 PM
irishxrose
I like the name Kenlee, but Nacole spelled like that just... doesn't seem right. I like Kenlee Nadine; it sounds very cute.
February 12th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think agree with the majority.. the nacole is the part I dont like

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search