What do you think?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love surnames and think it's really funny when people try to say 'That's not a REAL name'. I bet your 2 sons might disagree...HaHa I love your boys names!! Ignore the Haters. I want the next one to be Wilson!
February 13th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I still want you to name da baby Kennedy[/b]
I know, but its just gotten to trendy and popular for my taste..... Sorry

February 13th, 2007, 09:06 AM
chlodoll
umm how about Hilary Jen?
February 13th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
umm how about Hilary Jen?[/b]
I can only think of Hilary Duff and Clinton... I had thought about using a first lady name, but none of them really jumped out at me.

February 13th, 2007, 09:08 AM
ImustBeNuts06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like surnames for first names. Who cares where the name came from? All names stem from something. The first time I saw Lincoln used as a first name is when I saw your little boy in the siggie. I think it's a really cool name. It's different, but doesn't sound made it up. It has substance and feels rich in history...does that make sense?? LOL, I'm sleep deprived so give me a break. I also really like Carter. I suggested it to DH, but he is still unsure. Then again, he isn't sure about ANY name. I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion. I also think some people look a little too far into names. In my opinion, if you like it, then use it. Who cares if in a novel that so and so wrote the character with that name was a womanizer. Do you really think your kids friends will know that??? Oh well, that's my 2 cents.

February 13th, 2007, 09:27 AM
chlodoll
I was thinking Clinton too lol

Reagen is ok, but is he really a president that you would want to commerate with your childs name?
February 13th, 2007, 12:26 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know Jen. I guess it boils down to one's personal preference and what has become "accepted" over time as a "legit" first name. I think surnames as first names are really cute and I really like a lot of them. The first time I heard Licoln as a first name was your son and I thought it was so cute, and it totally fits him. If you like them, use them, who cares what others deem appropriate. There's always going to be someone that doesn't like the name you chose (although I love all your kids names), all you have to please is yourself and Jay. I don't have any surnames on my name lists but I guarantee there are tons of people who hate them!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 13th, 2007, 12:36 PM
TanyaD
Quote:
I don't know but I wanted to say I REALLY like surnames as first names. I don't know why people are so down on them. I LOVE your boys names.[/b]
February 13th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyTheresa
I love the names Alexander, Harrison, Grace & James. They can all be surnames. I don't see anything wrong with using surnames as a first name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search