Did I make a huge mistake??

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a problem with non-traditional middle names. I think Bear is cute! I have to admit though, I am not so fond of Kayden - it is just so popular and with so many spellings. There are so many other fine Gaelic names!
What about Declan, Donovan, Grady, Keiran, Lachlan, Nolan, Ronan, Seamus, Sullivan, Kyle, or Craig?

Good luck!
March 12th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think this is very interesting. I admit, when I first read the 'bear' part I thought... 'that's why men shouldn't name babies!' After thinking about it, though, I can totally see it as a middle name. I don't think it's a bad nickname and putting it in the middle name slot will allow him to 'hide' it if he chooses. I plan on using my maiden name as middle name for the first boy I have. I guess I don't see why a name your hubby loves is any different! That being said, I really don't like Kayden and it's 1 million spellings. It's becming so popular. I also don't think it's Gaelic but I will leave that to the experts on this board! Connor is a very nice and classy name. I think you could find a better match. Good Luck!
March 12th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just did a search for names that mean 'Bear' and came up with the following:
Barrett
Orson
Byron
March 12th, 2007, 04:36 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off, I wouldn't use Bear or let DH think we were going to use Bear. I just wouldn't Sorry!

I think the name Caden is ok, but only spelled this way. I dislike any other spelling.
March 12th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Katzchen
I personally would not put Bear on the birth certificate in any position. I would give him two names and his nn can be bear. For instance, my son is Oliver Joseph and we call him Bear, mainly because when he was a newborn my 5 year old niece had trouble saying his name and kept calling him Olive-bear, so we started calling him Ollie-Bear and shortened that to Bear. He is still Oliver or Ollie to the outside world though.

As for Kayden, I think its way overused and is far to trendy for me. But if you love it, go for it!
March 12th, 2007, 06:44 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like the spelling Kaeden and I think it goes well with Connor. Im not too sure one the Bear though

March 13th, 2007, 12:54 AM
gee102
I don't think there is anything wrong with Bear as a middle name. But he may get teased about it in school. I like Kaiden
March 13th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Out of all the really cool animal names, he wants Bear?

Bear, to me, sounds like an overweight, hairy man.
March 13th, 2007, 05:43 AM
** Mandy **
I like Kayden but I don't like Bear. You can say you just won't tell anyone but people will want to know and I think you and your child should be proud of the name he is given. I think names are kinda a big deal since they stick with you forever (unless you have it changed I guess but you know what I mean). Anyway, my personal opinion is that I wouldn't let my child have Bear as his middle name.

I like the spelling Kaiden best.

March 13th, 2007, 06:27 AM
~Danielle~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the name Kayden, but I wouldnt let DH use Bear as a mn.

March 13th, 2007, 05:10 PM
m.and.a
I just recently lost one of my twins. (I see you too are a mom of twins) I named Ada, DH named Aleah. DH wanted her middle name to be Breezy. I consented to Breeze, but at the last minute, he changed his mind, as we were filling out the birth certificate and went with Marie, which he thought was his grandmas middle name. Turns out, it isn't. Now that she is gone, and he loved her so much, one of the things I regret is not naming her Aleah Breeze. Forget what people tell you and what people think. Take hold of the moment.

No regrets.
March 13th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
After reading what the pp put, I think that you should definitely use Bear. And even though I'm not keen on Kayden, its quite cute with Bear and it goes well with your sons name

Becca and Chris, proud young parents to
Seth (2005) Caspar (2007) Tobias (2010)

Missing our beautiful angel in heaven *Iris Winter* 17/8/08 - 21/8/08

March 14th, 2007, 11:19 AM
I love it!

Kayden I think could be spelled differently, I'm not sure how, someway to drop the 'y' because that looks a little feminine, just my opinion, if you like it, keep it. Kaden Bear or Caden Bear.
I do like the Bear as a middle name. At first I though, ah what did she do, haha but then putting the fn together with Bear it sounds nice and I think it would be manly as an adult.

It would be an interesting story to tell your son one day how he got his name. I think it's very sweet that your hubby wants to include himself in thinking of names for the child.
March 14th, 2007, 01:45 PM
jag-mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kaiden or Caiden

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search