Is anyone else like me?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I have this weirdness about sibsets and today it's bothering me sooo much.

I find that if I pick a name that has 4 letters for one child. All the other siblings' names must have 4 letters.

I love Audrey and Julian, so I picked other 6-lettered names to go with them and ever since then I've felt the need to match other people's baby names with the like numbered names that I think go well with them.

It's really making me frustrated. I love other names but I can't use them because they have more or less than 6 letters in them.

Do you feel this way too?
March 18th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not as bad as all that.

I do think it would be weird to have a Jed and a Sophronia. Ignoring that those are totally different styles one is a whole lot longer than the other, obviously, and that sounds a little unbalanced when you say it.

I guess my thing is syllables. Those bother me because in my example one name is just one syllable and the other is four. That's a big difference. Three and four would be okay. One and two might be all right. But going from one to four is a huge jump and it does sound weird to me.

Maybe try thinking of it as syllables. I mean, Audrey is two syllables and Julian is three. Does that bug you? You'll be saying them much more often than writing them!

</div>
March 18th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
No, the syllables don't bother me at all.
But if they start to, I know who to blame.
March 18th, 2007, 09:52 AM
asianmama
if jed bugs u go with jedodiah -- then it kinda goes with sophronia
March 18th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Katzchen
The number of letters doesn't bother me, but the number of syllables does.

Ex: I already have Oliver, and am really into Elinor/Eleanor for a girl, but I just think they are too close to use, since they both have three syllables, start with vowel "l" vowel and end in "r."

So now I feel that I can't use Elinor because I can't find a third name that follows that pattern, and anything else seems off. Oliver, Elinor and Jonas just makes poor little Jonas stick out like a sore thumb...
March 18th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
The number of letters doesn't bother me, but the number of syllables does.

Ex: I already have Oliver, and am really into Elinor/Eleanor for a girl, but I just think they are too close to use, since they both have three syllables, start with vowel "l" vowel and end in "r."

So now I feel that I can't use Elinor because I can't find a third name that follows that pattern, and anything else seems off. Oliver, Elinor and Jonas just makes poor little Jonas stick out like a sore thumb...[/b]
Then either a one-syllable or a four-syllable.

For example: Eve, Jonas, Oliver ... goes from one to three syllables. Jonas, Oliver, Sophronia ... goes from two to four syllables.

Just get in the habit of saying them that way and it doesn't sound bad!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search