Husbands and Baby Names..

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2007, 01:36 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Did you really like a name that your husband didn't, and eventually he started liking it? Or usually are their tastes SET?
I have had a few names grow on me, and I know he has, too. How did you all choose your names with your husband? Did both of you love it equally or did one of you like it more or less and it grew on the other?

May 23rd, 2007, 05:15 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Noah grew on dh

May 23rd, 2007, 08:44 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
He isn't really a big baby name person, but his names are usually set. His names usually grow on me, and I start to love them (like Luka (boy), Hailey and Sophia).
May 23rd, 2007, 09:39 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I pick the names and he vetos all that he doesn't like. He still thinks I'm weird for wanting to name our future children.

I have him liking Julian. He originally told me that he'd call him Julia , but now we're set on Jules.
Jules will be our first boy (if we have any together).
May 23rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
DF loved the name Tiana as soon as i said it. but my friend and her BF couldn't make up their minds on a middle name (she wanted renea and he wanted denise) so they put them together and made denea.

May 24th, 2007, 12:14 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
dh and I had VERY few names we both liked. Dh is more into old fashioned names. I would have prefered Isaiah as the first name but dh didnt want that.

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

May 24th, 2007, 06:55 AM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ever since I was 10, I always wanted to name my girl Elena. It never grew on him. I kept trying, but he never liked it. We made a deal now that if we have another girl, unless he comes up with another name that blows me away, she will be Elena!

Funny, though. Now I could never picture Anna as Elena. I don't regret her name at all even though I didn't get my way.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
May 24th, 2007, 07:34 AM
StaeheliGrl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I have different taste in names. He really liked the name Emily, and I like more unique uncommon/unpopular names. First he said no to Skya, then it grew on him and he caved in and said yes, we could name her Skya.

May 24th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH liked some that I didn't and I liked some that he didn't. If he hadn't vetoed Lily, I would have a Lily instead of an Emma. We both had an equal say and both had to like the name a lot!
May 24th, 2007, 09:40 AM
mlee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was easy for us to pick names for our DS. We both liked Luke a lot. We had chosen Ava if he had been a girl, but when we got pregnant again we didn't want to use it because we have met like five Ava's that were born around the same time as DS. We had a much harder time agreeing the 2nd time around - at first we had NOTHING, not one name in common - but one day the name Delia came up and I really liked it. It became my favorite pretty quickly, but it was DH's 2nd choice. In the end we decided on Delia because that was the name that we both liked even though DH liked another name better.

May 24th, 2007, 10:02 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dh and I have very different tastes. He likes the old fashion names and I like different names. We've kind of compromised. The first one I picked and it grew on him: Kaeli Rose (Rose was for my grandmother and great grandmother). Second one I picked one name, he said no, I picked a name like it and he liked that one, then he picked out a middle name and I really liked it: Kasslyn Brielle. Our third I wanted another K name and he said no. So, I said I wanted a K name as the middle name, he was okay with that. I came up with the name and fought tooth and nail for it (I really wanted her middle name to be her first name, but he was adamant about not having another K first name), so Jaedyn Kairi was named. And last, I loved the name Teagan and he didn't like it. No matter what, it didn't grow on him this time and he didn't give in. The only name we could agree on was Natalie Kate. He suggested the Kate and I like it and it suits her just fine. I think we're done having babies, if we had a fifth girl I wouldn't have a clue what to name her. But, our boy's name has always been Lukas Michael. (Michael after dh).
So, sometimes I got it to grow on him and other times I had to compromise.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
May 25th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
My DH wasn't keen on any of the names I liked, but they all grew on him and I got my way!!
Ceilidh Marie, Elijah Mae, Rheiya Jessica, Lucas Joseph & Jaidyn Louise.
May 26th, 2007, 05:58 AM
LvMyLaxKid's Avatar Super Mommy
It was the opposite for us. He wanted to name our son Parker, after his mother who had passed away. I liked the sentiment, but not the fact that it was a "trendy surname-as-first." But it did grow on me, and I figured, "Who cares if it's trendy, if it has special meaning for us."

Proud Mom of an only child- Parker Joseph- 2-21-2005
May 26th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DS's name is Jasper and when I first mentioned it to DH- I swear he looked at me like I had lost my mind. But eventually, he grew to like it. I still don't think it is his fave, but I he says he couldn't imagine DS as anything else.

This time around, however, is a different story. I think we are going to have some major fights over names. We don't really like ANY of the same names. He is set on Hannah. And although I think it is a pretty name, it is so overused. And it doesn't really fit well with Jasper's name in mho. I want something different for this baby too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search