Ugh...I thought I had a list.

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so I've been working on a list for both boys' and girls' names. I'll find out the baby's gender July 2nd, but I wanted to go into delivery with several choices and choose the one that feels best once the baby is born. So far I have 4 combos for each, BUT I just shared them with my mom. The results:

Anneliese Quinn -- she says it doesn't sound like the "s" sound belongs on the end and that the name would be difficult to say in the course of conversation. She suggested Annalee instead. Also said Quinn is a boy's name.

Alayna Reeve -- she hates them both.

Maya Juliet -- again with the "hard to say in conversation" thing about Maya, plus no nn options. She's okay with Juliet.

Chloe Faith -- Chloe is okay for a little girl, but not for a woman. Also, since baby's last name is one syllable, she says the three names don't flow.

Cohen Reeve -- she likes Cohen, hates Reeve.

Kiernan Reeve -- she thinks Kiernan sounds like a girl's name and is ready to puke if I say Reeve one more time.

Keaton Trace -- she likes this one!

Keegan Trace -- lukewarm on this one, much prefers Keaton.

I know I shouldn't listen TOO much to what my mother says, but I feel so rotten when she disapproves! Then again, she's the one said I HAD to spell Brayde the way I did -- ugh. How I regret that one! Any opinions would be very much appreciated!
May 27th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Katzchen
I say go with whatever name you and your DH like!

FWIW, I don't think any of the names are bad or difficult at all.
May 27th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
If I may mix and match your combos.

I love Anneliese Juliet and Cohen Trace.
May 27th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I know what you mean about your mom's opinion bothering you, even though it shouldn't. Are you a first born? Lol. There's a birth order book and it says that first borns like to please their parents. Anyway! I think mom's do have a good say, but you don't have to listen to it. Like how she said that she cannot picture Chloe as a woman. It is good to hear feedback on your names in case you didn't think of that, which is why I love these boards. Anneliese Quinn and Maya Juliet are my favorites for girls. Your mom didn't say she HATED them, she just said they would be hard to say in conversation. But that's okay! At least she doesn't dislike all the names. Anneliese is trendy but still traditional. Boys names for girls are becoming extremely popular. Quinn is unisex anyway. It's # 540 on the Social Security list for girls. Anneliese is pretty hard to find a middle name for I would think. So if you found a good middle name, even if she doesn't approve, i'd stick with it. Middle names are not used much anyway. Maya is more simple and sweet. I could easily seeing both girls names being a youngest child. Maya seems to fit with your sibset more, though. She hates Reeve for a middle name; maybe you could either switch it or just forget about her opinion because she doesn't have to say it. Cohen and Keaton are her favorites, but you still could have Keegan without her throwing up ; ) Personally, I like Keaton, too. With that all said, it is your own choice. Don't worry, you have great taste.

May 27th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Jessuh's Avatar Super Mommy
I think you have some great names!!

I really like these:

Anneliese Quinn
Alayna Reeve
Maya Juliet

Cohen Reeve
Kiernan Reeve
Keegan Trace

I guess my absolute favorites would be Maya Juliet and Kiernan Reeve. Don't worry everyone has their opinions, but yeah I hear you about wanting to please your mom! Good luck!
May 27th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Sarah Elizabeth's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Sarah Elizabeth
I just want to say I really love Anneliese and Faith... I like Chloe and Anneliese Chloe or Anneliese Faith or Chloe Anneliese would be great...

Kiernan is the best for the boys, but I prefer Kieran.

Anyway, I think it's great that you are letting your Mom have an opinion. I'm sure it makes her feel more involved with the pregnancy, etc. But while you should also factor in her opinion(since you did ask), realize that she will love her new grand baby no matter what name you decide on. Good luck on deciding, and let us know what you decide!
May 27th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kegandryesmom04
my daughters name is Keegan Raeann I do like Keegan Trace
May 27th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the input girls! I know I should only consider my mother's opinion and not rely on it, which is what I'll do. And no, I'm not the oldest -- I'm the MIDDLE CHILD and the only girl! So, right or wrong, I've always felt that in my mom's eyes I could do little right and my brothers could do nothing wrong! (And yes, at 31, I'm still a big baby about it!)

Then again, she had no input in Logan and Shelby's names but she likes them both a lot. She had a lot of input in Brayde's, which was a fiasco. I wanted the name Brady, his father only cared that I adhered to the Jewish naming rules, and my mother said she'd only like Brady if it was spelled Brayde. So I named him Marc Brayde, we've always called him Brayde, and I should have just gone with Brady Marc like I wanted. Luckily, when I knew Zane was going to be a boy and told her Zane was set in stone but she had free reign to choose his middle name (haha -- because I was so CERTAIN Zane would be my last!), she chose a name I positively adore, Abraham. So at least we did fine with that one!

Anyway, I really appreciate you guys reassuring me, and I love some of the additional combos you've suggested! I think I'll even keep some of the mix-n-match ideas open til delivery too. Thanks again for helping!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search