New to the board.....wdyt for this?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Veteran
New to this part of JM. SO & I have talked about having a baby.....wayyy in the future (after I get out of college & get a job, so 6 or 7 years), but we've already discussed names. He already has 3 little ones:
Makayla Lee
Scott Albert
Megan Elisabeth

He's done most of the naming, and says he gets to pick our babies name when the time comes, if that day ever comes. But, I'm not a big fan of the same names as him so I told him we have to compromise. He gets the first of middle name, & I get the other. So I thought I'd get some help from you ladies.

I've always liked Hope Cheyenne, but he says he prefers Justice Cheyenne, and I'm not sure about the name Justice.
Also, he insists on the name Dylan for a boy, but no set middle name. I've never been a fan of the name Dylan so, don't know what to pair it with. Help, please?
June 8th, 2007, 12:12 PM
sharethissmile's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
New to this part of JM. SO & I have talked about having a baby.....wayyy in the future (after I get out of college & get a job, so 6 or 7 years), but we've already discussed names. He already has 3 little ones:
Makayla Lee
Scott Albert
Megan Elisabeth

He's done most of the naming, and says he gets to pick our babies name when the time comes, if that day ever comes. But, I'm not a big fan of the same names as him so I told him we have to compromise. He gets the first of middle name, & I get the other. So I thought I'd get some help from you ladies.

I've always liked Hope Cheyenne, but he says he prefers Justice Cheyenne, and I'm not sure about the name Justice.
Also, he insists on the name Dylan for a boy, but no set middle name. I've never been a fan of the name Dylan so, don't know what to pair it with. Help, please?[/b]
Well I think Hope goes way better with the other names than Justice. Justice is too bizarre imo and it doesn't even sound feminine. I like the name Dylan and it well with mostly everything.
TTC #3

My Ovulation Chart
June 8th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Deirdre's Avatar Super Mommy

I don't like Justice at all. I love Hope. Dylan is ok .

June 8th, 2007, 06:32 PM
blessedLILbumblebee
I like the name Hope. It's cute.

My husband had names picked out long before we were TTC but once we got pregnant he changed his mind about the names. Needless to say our baby doesn't have a name yet!
June 8th, 2007, 08:38 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally like both Hope and Justice, but I think Hope goes better with the siblings' names.

Dylan doesn't light me on fire either, but it's a pretty good solid name, and I don't think you will go wrong with it. For boy mn, is there a male in the family you would like to honor? I think many names would go well with Dylan. Just to throw a few out there:

Dylan Christopher
Dylan James
Dylan Thomas
Dylan Andrew
Dylan Wesley

You get the point, basically just avoid mn's that end in the same "N" sound or those that start with "D" and you'll be fine!

June 9th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If my husband told me he got to pick the names I'd tell him to take a hike! lol

I like Hope Cheyenne A LOT better than Justice Cheyenne.

Dylan isn't bad...but I am a little tired of it.

Some mn's that go with Dylan:

Dylan Christopher
Dylan Elliott
Dylan Harris
Dylan James (DJ)
Dylan Bradley
Dylan Patrick
Dylan Sutton
Dylan Garrett
Dylan Theodore
Dylan Gray
Dylan Alexander
Dylan Jacob
June 9th, 2007, 07:03 AM
jeepgirl9478's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Hope much better than Justice!
Not a big fan of Dylan either.
In 6-7 years you will both probably change your minds.

Thanks .hoodihoo.this. for the siggy!!
June 9th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Veteran
LOL. I'm glad I'm not alone with the Dylan thing. And his reasoning is awful, too. Because of the the Toby Keith song!

I'm hoping in time I can convince him to change his mind. I like for a boy; Aidan, Garrett, or Christian. I like Aidan Tyler but, if SO and I married and had a son named that, he'd be ATM. LOL.

I've had the named Hope Cheynne picked out since I was like, 12. So, I think I'm going to stick to my guns on that. Maybe we can comprise....if we have a girl, I'll name her. If we have a boy, he can have the name. When I hear Justice used as a name, it reminds me of the movie "Where The Heart Is" and the name she gave her daughter.
June 9th, 2007, 11:28 PM
flutterbylove's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to flutterbylove
Quote:
LOL. I'm glad I'm not alone with the Dylan thing. And his reasoning is awful, too. Because of the the Toby Keith song!

I'm hoping in time I can convince him to change his mind. I like for a boy; Aidan, Garrett, or Christian. I like Aidan Tyler but, if SO and I married and had a son named that, he'd be ATM. LOL.

I've had the named Hope Cheynne picked out since I was like, 12. So, I think I'm going to stick to my guns on that. Maybe we can comprise....if we have a girl, I'll name her. If we have a boy, he can have the name. When I hear Justice used as a name, it reminds me of the movie "Where The Heart Is" and the name she gave her daughter. [/b]
Same here Suzy! Wasn't it Americus Nation?

Not a big fan of Dylan here either, but if you have to use it, for some reason the spelling "Dillon" looks a little better to me.
But jeepgirl's comment, in 6-7 yrs you two will probably have changed your minds about a lot of things! I love the name Hope BTW. Just don't do like this woman in our church did and name her kids, Hope, Faith, and Chastity. Yes, Chastity. And Hope and Faith weren't even for Biblical reasons (she said it, not me) she actually "sort of" named her girls after the TV show Hope and Faith.

June 10th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Katherine Sarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOVE Dylan =) I also prefer Hope over Justice. To me, Justice seems a bit stripperish and cheap and its almost unheard of over here in the UK - as a name. Seems like a tackier version of Justin, which i also dislike sorry.
June 10th, 2007, 06:35 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
Ive always loved Dylan..goes well with Thomas aka the famous poet!
I like Hope too...we have a Hope in our playroom..she´s very cute Justice is not my style at all

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

June 10th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Julka
Neither Hope nor Justice are my style, but I think Hope is waaaaaaaaaaaaay prettier than Justice.
Not crazy for Dylan either, but Dylan is at least not a weird name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search