Help

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2007, 01:27 PM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
I looked around the Nymbler site and couldnt really find anything I liked. And Im wanting girl and boy names, heres a little history .....

My name is Kaylie, DH is Casey. I could care less about have either one of our names incorporated into a child's name. We just had a little girl, shes 3 months old tomorrow and we are planning on trying for another in about 9 months (Im counting down lol) I know I have a ways to go but with my daughter we had her name picked out before I was even pregnant and it was great! The name we picked out for her is Mahayla Elaine, Mahayla was DH's grandmother's name and Elaine was DH's niece's middle name. I really like uniqe names you dont hear often but NOT too uniqe, and I love names that have meaning. I couldnt find any boy names I like but I did find Peyton and Hadley, they are prob the best out of what I found but I dont like them enough to use them lol Im being picky Before we had Caden picked out for a boy but it has become waaay to popular for me to use. Any help is greatly appreciated!
June 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I don't know if this is too close to Mahayla, but Makaiah is kinda cool. Nn Kaia. Or Makai for a boy. Nn Kai. Other names:
Brinlee, Arayla, Arley, Amaryn, Braelyn, Brecken, Brolan, Briany, Dayson, Evalee, Everton, Finley, Haylen, Jentry, Keethan, Kyden, Lathan, Nevan, Paycen, Raiden, Ridge, Slade, Slater, Traven, Treston, Tauren, Titan, Wakely, Zayden

Taken from alternativebabynames.com

June 20th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear a lot of people say they like Caden. I can list others that seem to be a similar style to me (considering Caden, Peyton, and Hadley) but taking it in a less "trendy" direction.

Eamon
Killian
Brendan
Brannon
Brennan
Brogan
Amos
Gideon
Caleb
Byron
Alton (or maybe Alden)
Dylan
Declan
Miles
Wiley
Colin
Conan

For girls I'm not sure; I don't want to go off Mahayla and Elaine because both of those are family names, not necessarily your style. Can you give examples of some girls' names you like?

</div>
June 20th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I love the name Mahayla and Elaine both, Mahayla I had never hard before, I think its just beautiful and Elaine seems very classy.....I dont really like any of those well enough to use, sry im being difficult
June 20th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Then I'd recommend you go here: http://www.namenerds.com/uucn/.

Click on Features and Articles, then Find Your Naming Profile. You can take a little quiz and find what "style" of names you like. At the end a new window will pop up and you can click on your result to see a list of names that "fit".

Also on that site, there is an advice section (with a very extensive list under "Alternatives to Common Names"), and if you click on the different List sections, there are lists of names in different languages, categories of names, top names from different years, etc. The section on Past Names of the Day has lots of uncommon options.

</div>
June 20th, 2007, 03:25 PM
ok thanks so much!!
June 20th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Elysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Elysia Send a message via MSN to Elysia
Hope you find the perfect name

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search