need opinions

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Ok you guys seem very honest and don't worry I will not get my feelings hurt. Please tell me if you
like these names for a gilr. DH does not like any of them!! I don't want something to popular, but I don't want something real creative either. Any suggestions would help too!

ok DH's only suggestion: personaly NMS
Elizabeth

my picks:
Abigail
Madison or
Madeline
Ava
Kaylie
Kylie
Cadence
Alexa

Also we agreed to have Grace as the middle name so long as it fits the name we agree to.
EXPECTING #2!!

July 10th, 2007, 01:02 PM
** Mandy **

I checked the online social security site to see what the popularity of these names was in 2006 and here are the results:

Elizabeth - #11
Abigail - #6
Madison - #3
Madeline - #71
Ava - #5
Kaylie - not in top 100
Kylie - #66
Cadence - not in top 100
Alexa - #39

I really don't dislike any of the names except Abigail. Kylie is my favorite. Madison is also a favorite but it is way too popular.

July 10th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Hi and Welcome to the Baby Name boards! Congrats on your girl!

My favorite choices from your names would be : Ava, Kaylie, and Kylie. Maybe you could humor your husband and go with Elizabeth as a middle name... Elizabeth sounds good as a mn for most all your names.

July 10th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you don't want something too popular, depending on what you mean by "too popular", all of those might be out as options.

Kaylie and Cadence, while not in the top 100, are still popular. The reason they're not in the top 100 is the spelling variations. People spell Kaylie as Kayleigh, Kaley, Kayley, Kailee, Kailey, etc. If you put all the spellings together Kaylie would appear much higher on the chart. It's the same story with Cadence ... it's been spelled Cadence, Kadence, Caydance, Kaydense, etc. There are dozens of ways they're spelled, but as far as popularity concerns, they all sound the same when the teacher calls roll.

If you both like Grace, it might be a good option as a first name instead of the middle name. Grace is this generation's "filler" middle name ... that's why it's so high on the charts (they count both first and middle in the stats). It's actually not a common first name. Elizabeth goes the same way; there aren't many little girls actually named Elizabeth (hardly any, actually). It's high in the stats because it's a hugely popular middle name.

As for whether I like them, I wouldn't mind these at all:

Grace
Elizabeth
Abigail
Madeline
Ava

If you really do want to use one of those even though it's popular, just try to give her a middle name that's not in the top 100 (I don't mean like Kaylie, which is absent from the top 100 just because of spelling options, but a real name that's really not in the top 100 at all). That way if there are just too many Avas or whatever in her class/age group, she'll have a different name to go by in some situations.

</div>
July 10th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE Cadence

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
July 10th, 2007, 04:24 PM
ESnipes's Avatar Veteran
Personally I like Cadence, Madison, and Ava the best. Although Ava is becoming kinda popular now. But i haven't heard of too many people with the names cadence or Madison. My goddaughters middle name is Madison, and its so cute...they call her maddy sumtimes. and I love cadence
July 10th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks ladies! I just have to figure out how to convince DH of one of them. He is soooo picky.
EXPECTING #2!!

July 10th, 2007, 07:22 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Personally, I like Alexa, Abigail and Ava the best. Next would be Kaydence, Kylie and Madison.

I think they're pretty names but pretty popular.
July 10th, 2007, 07:37 PM
My vote is Kylie !! I think it's such a cute name, and not too popular.

July 10th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

Elizabeth- nice

Abigail- I love it

Madison- very trendy, and it's only used as a girl's name because of a movie. It means "son of Maud," so it's not really feminine. Madeline is MUCH better.

Madeline- very pretty

Ava- also pretty. It reminds me of Ava Gardner. But it is a bit popular now. Ada and Eva are less popular alternatives.

Kaylie- cute, but I can only imagine it on a little girl, not a grown woman. It's better as a nickname.

Kylie- see Kaylie

Cadence- This is a measure of rhythm in music. It's not really a name, and it is rapidly becoming very popular. Would you consider Candace or Constance. Those aren't unusual, but they aren't as common as Cadence.

Alexa-

I like the combinations Abigail Grace, Alexa Grace, Ava Elizabeth, Madeline Alexa or Alexa Madeline.
July 11th, 2007, 01:28 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i like
Kaylie
Alexa

July 11th, 2007, 02:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like-

Madison
Madeline
Ava
Cadence (Prefer Caydence)
Alexa

July 11th, 2007, 11:49 AM
BrookeN's Avatar Carter and Lena's Mama
I like Abigail and Elizabeth. What about compromising with Abigail Elizabeth or Elizabeth Abigail?

July 11th, 2007, 09:07 PM
LvMyLaxKid's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok, I'm confused. You said you didn't want something too popular, but yet ALL of these are extremely popular. I'm not trying to be mean, since maybe you just haven't been paying too much attention. But they ARE pretty popular, so you may want to rethink them, if you want something a little more original.

Proud Mom of an only child- Parker Joseph- 2-21-2005

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search