Zoey...but what goes with it???

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2005, 06:07 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK...my DH and I have been discussing names for 2 years. Never seriously until we got pregnant last summer. Decided on a boys name...then miscarried. Pregnant again. We decided to use the same boys name, but here we are a year after deciding on a boys name, and still can't decide on a girl's name. We have FINALLY came to a decision about the first name, but now is the task of the middle name...not to mention that we have a really long difficult last name. So here it goes...Hopefully one of you can help us figure out something to fit this baby. We only have 8 weeks until baby is due...and we won't know if it is a girl or boy until it is born, so please help.

For a boy we decided on Spencer Davis Trebil######
For a girl....Zoey ???? Trebil######

Hubby won't consider any middle names starting with an "I" ...he doesn't want the baby to go around with the initials ZIT. So what do you guys think?

August 21st, 2005, 07:18 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First-Is Trebil just the first part of your last name? If so, do you need a middle name? I am considering no middle name if we have a girl- I dont have one. I really like Ava and was thinking Ava Claire, but Im not too sure so I might not give her(if its a girl) a middle name. But anyway, for Zoey I actually like Claire lol( I think it goes well with a lot of first names). Is there someone in your family youd like to honor? Or maybe use your first or middle name. I dont know. Good luck!!!

August 21st, 2005, 08:54 PM
Actually the last name is T R E B I L C O C K...I guess the profanity softwear must have thought I was typing a curse word. I like Claire actually...if I could just talk DH into it...but just trying to get other ideas to throw around too. Thanks for the input. Keep em coming

August 21st, 2005, 09:39 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to callmecrazy
I think Nicole would go great with her first and last name. The syllables fit perfectly...if you like the name! Good luck!!!!

August 21st, 2005, 09:41 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Zoey Elizabeth?

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
August 21st, 2005, 09:42 PM
Kristimomto2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How about Zoey Jade?
August 22nd, 2005, 01:04 PM
Veteran
I like Zoey especially since you have a long last name, I would also agree with your hubby, I don't like the initials to spell stuff.

How about

Paige
Sage
Faith
Ryann
Addison
Bree

Goodluck!

August 22nd, 2005, 02:15 PM
Regular
First thing that came to my mind was Zoey Elizabeth. I think it would work.
August 22nd, 2005, 02:18 PM
zoey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any family names that would go with Zoey? May your name, your moms name, your hubbys moms name, or middle names, or grandmothers names?

My middle name is my moms name, and I like that I have her name as my middle name. My sisters is noones name, and she hates hers. At least if they don't like it you can say it was so-and-so's name )
We are going with family names for all our future kids' middle names
August 22nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
We like some of the family names, but there tends to be a lot of jealousy between the families...if we named it after one person we would have someone with hurt feelings so we are trying to stear clear of that whole mess. We did think about Elizabeth possibly because we both have neices with Elizabeth as the middle name, so it would be after both sides of the family...but then again we don't want to overuse a name either. I was named after an aunt and always liked that so I thought about passing that name onto our baby (if it's a girl) but I don't know if Zoey Joyce sounds right to me. Still something to consider though.

August 23rd, 2005, 04:55 PM
chlodoll
i think almost anything could go with Zoey!
September 9th, 2005, 08:07 PM
3 weeks later and we have a decision!!! It will be Zoey Claire if it is a girl and Spencer Davis if it is a boy. But we have both reserved the right to veto the name at birth if the baby totally doesn't look like it fits the name. It is such a relief to finally have a decision made about the name. And I LOVE both names so much. I think that was one thing that worried me was that we would have to "settle" on a name that we just kinda liked instead of just loving the name we chose. Now I just can't wait...only 37 days and counting

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search