Having a hard time deciding and convincing husband

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Having a hard time deciding and convincing husband
Kamden 1 3.85%
Kelsie 6 23.08%
Kamryn 6 23.08%
Kristal 0 0%
Krista 1 3.85%
Trista 1 3.85%
Tristen 1 3.85%
Katrina 0 0%
Reese 4 15.38%
Kara 3 11.54%
Sara 2 7.69%
Jenna 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Veteran
Okay ladies, I am really stressing and having a horrible time with my Husband constantly marking names off that he doesn't like, even the ones I am not giving up on yet like Kamden and Kelsie. He is being really difficult. He was fine with Kamden until he found out I got it from the Male section, now he doesn't like it. What do you think, I was thinking of a middle name of Reece, Paige, or Jean after my mom.

I don't like to unusual of names but I also don't want to common that they will have 3 in their preschool or classes when they start school etc. I don't want it constantly mis pronounced and spelled. I used Kaleb with my son and its more common than I thought, I also have a problem with people constantly spelling it with a C. Any Ideas?

August 26th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I voted Kamryn. Too cute. I like the spelling and who cares if they spell it wrong at first. Just correct them.. It's a very cute way to spell it. I think Cameron Diaz when I see it and she is beautiful. It looks as if you have 20 weeks to go. Don't worry or stress too much. Just enjoy the semi-quiet time you will have before she is born. Your husband will come around. Men don't seem to think there is really a baby in there until it comes out while us women worry and fret over giving it the perfect name. You will find it don't worry. May I also suggest Rhianna or Teagan? Those aren't too common and I dont think I have ever met a Teagan but I love it, can't use it tho bc of LN. Good Luck
August 26th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree w/kit, I like Kamryn too. Also dont stress over it. I am almost 24 weeks and I know we are having a girl and I still dont have a name! When you see her it will be so easy. That is how it was w/the boys..
August 26th, 2005, 02:34 PM
toothfairy's Avatar Veteran
Love the name/spelling of Kamryn!
August 26th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Veteran
Thanks, I know I have plenty of time but I can't even get my DH to agree or me to narrow down. Like we did with our son, we got down to like 3 possibilites but when he was born we just knew, and I figure she will be the same I will have to see her first. But I would like to narrow it down a bit. My sister made me mad when I said Kamryn and said that it sounds like a boy. ARGH. I told my family I wasn't gonna discuss it with them any more since they just criticized my names.

Thanks Kitt I actually had Teagan, Reagan, Raeann and Keagan and he knocked all them out with no possibility. I think Kamryn is fine for a girl, but I keep going back to Kamden, I don't know why. Does it sound masculine to you?

August 26th, 2005, 03:00 PM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I voted for Trista, it is such a cute girly name, and not very common. I love it!
August 26th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Actually I like Camden. I mean how'd he know you got it out of the boy's section? Anyway, just keep saying it. DH hated the name Nathaniel but when he was born dh was like Nathaniel fits.

<center>

<center>

<center>

August 26th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kamden is really cute. I agree w/ above poster, just keep saying it and it'll wear him down. I've been there...
August 26th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Another name I ran across which is unique, but again i can't use it because of LN is Tristan or alternative spelling.
August 29th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Veteran
Thanks for the Input. I am still Pulling for Kamden, and Kamryn, although he says they both sound like boys names. UGH I will just keep saying them and hope they grow on him. We also agree on McKenna (MacKenna) but I like the other two better. He didn't like Kaleb (or son's name at first either) and we had Logan picked out if it was a boy (which he didn't like when I was pregnant with our first child!)

Anyone else?

August 29th, 2005, 02:44 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
The ones I liked:
Kelsie Reese
Kamryn Reese
Kristal Reese
Krista Reese
Trista Reese
Kara Reese
Sara Reese
Jenna Reese
Kelsie Reese
Kamryn Paige
Kristal Paige
Krista Paige
Trista Paige
Kara Paige
Sara Paige
Jenna Paige
Kamryn Jean
Kristal Jean
Krista Jean
Trista Jean
Kara Jean
Sara Jean

Also, you seem to like the K sound, what about Katherine or Kathryn
Kathryn Reese/Katherine Reese
Kathryn Paige/Katherine Paige
Kathryn Jean/Katherine Jean

Good Luck!!!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

August 29th, 2005, 02:52 PM
MamaBx3
I voted Kamryn!
August 29th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL I've got a bad case of the pregnancy crazies..I saw my last post about the name Tristen and then saw it's in the list up there already..AHHH!! Why is the brain the first to go? Like today I kept telling my husband to get my koolaid out of the microwave....refrigerator,microwave same dif right????
Anyway I thought I would tell you a trick that worked for me once. Try spelling it different and sneak it in a list and sit next to him and go through them. For some reason if it's spelled different men see it as a completely different name. then if he happens to like it that way, wait a few weeks and change the spelling on him..LOL seriously the DH never knew what hit him

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search