My names...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Veteran
Girls:

Carys (Rose or Rian)
Chloe (Rian or Eden)
Celia (Rose or Rian)
Sydney (Rose or Corinn) thanks Mrs. Potatohead for the suggestion of Corrin
Sienna (Rose or Rian)

*mn's are open for suggestions! I'd welcome any ideas for first names too. Some other mn's I wouldn't mind using are Anna & Claire.

This will be our last child. We already have 3 girls... so we're expecting that this one will be a girl too. We would like to use my DH's name somehow as a mn too, if it fits nicely. He is Michael Andrew. I was thinking of Andrea as a possibility since it's the feminine form of Andrew. I know you are all so creative. I'd appreciate any help/ideas!!

Boys:

Wyatt Andrew
Carter Andrew
Liam Andrew

*we'd love a name that is not too common, and it has to work with the mn of either Michael or Andrew. I'm open for other possible first names too. My DH is very picky!! The only other problem is we don't want this name to end in the "-en, -yn, -an, -on" sound!! 2 of our 3 daughters have this ending... and we don't want the oldest to be the pnly one different. We'd like either the "-er" ending sound, or something totally different. Unfortunately that eliminates Hayden and Dylan (2 of my faves)!

Thanks for your help!!
August 28th, 2007, 10:59 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Of your girl names I like Carys and Sienna the best. Favorite combos are Carys Anna and Sienna Rose.

For boys, Carter and Liam are cute and both go very well with Andrew. Wyatt is just NMS.

Other boy suggestions - you're right, it is hard to avoid the n endings!:

Kyler Andrew
Asher Michael
Tanner Michael
Connor Andrew (or Michael)
Cooper Michael
Everett Andrew
Noah Michael
Blake Andrew
Jace Andrew
Chase Michael
Chance Michael
Bryce Andrew
Vaughn Michael
Vance Michael
Max Andrew
Rhys Michael
Ace Michael
Zane Michael
Brock Andrew
Gage Andrew
Jude Michael
Heath Michael (or Andrew)
Cade, Cale, or Cole Andrew
Teague Michael
Cody Michael
Brady Michael (or Andrew)
Dominic Andrew
Callum Andrew
Elias or Ellis Andrew
Tobias Andrew (or Michael)
Emery Michael
Oliver Andrew (or Michael)
Quincy Andrew
Silas or Syler Andrew

I think with your daughters' names, a one-syllable boy name would make a really cute sibset... JMO but don't limit yourself... you have a cool, fresh naming style and there are a lot of great names out there... hope you find one you like and that DH will agree to! (Those pesky hubbies with their opinions! lol)

You are lucky that Andrew and Michael flow well with just about everything!

August 28th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
My favorite of your girls names is Sienna Rose. I also like Chloe and Carys. I also love Carter and Liam. I think any of the names would go well with your boys names. I think the most important thing is just that you love the name! Don't stress too much about making sure it has a different ending.

August 28th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Celia is my favorite of your girls' names, and then Carys. Celia Andrea or Carys Andrea would be a nice way to use your husband's name.

There are A LOT of boy names that don't have -en endings. Here are some (sorry if I repeat any):

Abram, Alaric, Alexander, August, Avery, Bennett, Blair, Blake, Boris, Brett, Caleb, Carl, Charles, Christopher, Connor, Conrad, Cyrus, Daniel, Darrell, David, Desmond, Dominic, Edgar, Edmund, Eli, Elias, Elliott, Eric, Everett, Frederick, Gabriel, Garrett, George, Grant, Gregor, Gregory, Harvey, Hector, Henry, Isaac, Jack, James, Jeremiah, Jeremy, Jesse, Joseph, Joshua, Karl, Kenneth, Leo, Lionel, Lucas, Luke, Marcus, Mark, Maurice, Nathaniel, Neville, Nicholas, Noah, Oliver, Patrick, Peter, Rhys, Robert, Samuel, Seth, Silas, Theodore, Thomas, Tobias, Tyler, Victor, Walter, William, Xavier, Zachariah, Zachary

August 29th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like-

Chloe Rian
Sienna Rose

Wyatt Andrew
Carter Andrew
Liam Andrew
August 29th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Carys but there are spelling and pronunciation issues. Since you have other beautiful names to choose from, I'd not use it for that reason. There are other options on your list that don't have those issues. I like Chloe and Celia. Sienna is far too "universally loved" for me. Every other person I talk to has Sienna or Sierra on their list! It's the type of name I could see getting even more popular in time. I don't like Sydney because of Sidney the boys' name, and it's sort of a trendy "safe" choice. It's what people pick when they want to be different but not TOO different. Of Chloe and Celia, I'd choose Celia, since it's less popular.

Middle name suggestions (Rose and Claire are nice, they just scream "filler" nowadays):

Rhiannon
Rosa
Roseanne
Rosalie
Rosemary/Rosemarie
Rosalyn
Anya
Annabel
Clara
Clarissa

To use DH's name as a middle name, Andrea would work, but I think any name starting with An- would show the intent and have the same feeling. So Anna/Anya/Annabel would also work for that IMO.

There are tons of boys' names that don't have those common endings. Biblical names, especially, seem to avoid them; if you don't see anything in the lists posted here go to behindthename.com and check out the biblical boys' names! Of the ones you're currently considering, I think Wyatt is best, hands down.

</div>
August 29th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like all of your boys names! Out of your girls names, I like: Carys, Celia and Sydney the best.

August 29th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think Sydney and Carys are great names and go well with your other children's names. Celia sounds way too stuffy/conservative with your other daughters. I like all the boy choices. Liam is my favorite.
August 29th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like Chloe.

Liam is my least favorite.

August 29th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
I of course like Sydney Corrin the best. (Glad you liked it enough to add it to your list!! ) Second favorite would be Carys, but like someone said the spelling and pronunciation is often wrong. I do not like the other three girl names in your sibset, but that's just my opinion! I think all the boy names you have are perfect and I love the mn Andrew! Liam is my favorite name on the list, but the other two fit in the sibset as well. I had a friend named Andrea in highschool, named after her dad, Andrew and we all called her Andie - so it totally works if you want to carry DH's name femininely!

August 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE Carys....it is on my list.

I also really like Wyatt.
August 29th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I love Celia! I also like Chloe and Sienna. Out of your boys choices my favorite is Carter, and then Wyatt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search