• Roll Call •

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Name ?
Kids Names (if applicable) ?
How long have you been into names?
What are you current top favorite names?
How would you describe your naming style ?
Any naming pet peeves?

August 30th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Elysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Elysia Send a message via MSN to Elysia
Name ? Stevie-Jo

Kids Names (if applicable) ? N/A

How long have you been into names? ummm..since I was about 13-14 so 4-5 years

Girls:
Eve, Luciana, Gabrielle, Brynn and Xylia
Boys: Noah, Asher, Lucas, Sebastian and Jonah

How would you describe your naming style ? I dunno, I guess it kinda combines Greek, Historical and Biblical

Any naming pet peeves? over the top spellings like Alekzandrah and I'm not fussed on "son" names or surnames for girls
August 30th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name- Chloe
Kids Names (if applicable)- N/A
How long have you been into names- Since I was like 10 LOL
What are you current top favorite names- Ava, Isabella, Elodie & Jackson
How would you describe your naming style- Classical, but trendy for girls, and surnames/ word names for boys
Any naming pet peeves- Really tryndee spellings
August 30th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name ? Carrie

Kids Names (if applicable) ? Not yet! DH and I are going to Mexico in February so maybe after that.

How long have you been into names? Forever. I renamed my Cabbage Patch Kids like 50 times.

Girls: Ellis, Linden, Brynn and Finley
Boys: Vaughn, Bennett, Dane, Dax and Sullivan

How would you describe your naming style ? For girls, I like 'soft' boys names and I guess I like it if they have a in/yn sound. For boys, I like non-fussy, surnames.

Any naming pet peeves? I'm not a fan of the 'that's not really a name' or 'that's a boys name not a girls' comments. If you don't like it, that's fine but you don't have to try and convert everyone to your style of names. I'm also personally not a fan of the 'Ayden' frenzy.
August 30th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Veteran

Name ? Kim
Kids Names (if applicable) ? Jackson Raymond
How long have you been into names? Ive always liked names and thought the whole naming process was interesting but i really got into it while i was pregnant
What are you current top favorite names? Girls: Lennon Isabella, and Liana Mariska
Boys: Beckett Liam, Liam August, Finley Tennyson, August Ian
[font="Georgia"][b]How would you describe your naming style ? For girls i tend to go towards typically masculine Fn names with really femine MNs and boys i like names that are not completely out there but that arent too popular either
Any naming pet peeves? Really crazy spellings, names that have NN that i dont like like william-billy or James- Jimmy

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/kim/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
August 31st, 2007, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyTheresa
Name ? Theresa
Kids Names (if applicable) ? Christian (3), Gabriella (1)
How long have you been into names? I don't know.
What are you current top favorite names? Christian, Dominic, Keaton, Ethan, Gavin, Gabriella, Brianna, Juliana, Liliana, Sophia
How would you describe your naming style ? Not sure...classic & popular.
Any naming pet peeves? Last names as first names

August 31st, 2007, 03:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy

Name ? Anna
Kids Names (if applicable) ? N/A
How long have you been into names? a long time, probably since my early teens.
[/b][/font]What are you current top favorite names? I have a lot, but my favorites right now would be:
Girls- Adele, Isla, Kerensa, Jacinta
Boys- Emeric, Eric, James, Tobias
How would you describe your naming style ? mostly classic names, but I also like some unusual names.
Any naming pet peeves? -tryndee spellings
-masculine sounding surnames for girls
-names with obvious unpleasant meanings (like if it's a weapon or a type of booze)
-"backwards" names- Neveah, Traeh, Ninel, etc.
September 1st, 2007, 04:41 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mikeys_mommy1_2006
Quote:
Name ?
Kids Names (if applicable) ?
How long have you been into names?
How would you describe your naming style ?
Any naming pet peeves?

[/b]
Sabrina
Michael Charles Jr., Julia Nicole, and soon to be Tucker Charles
Just recently. I seen it as a topic so I went to it.
Boy: Tucker, Lane, Zane, Jonah, Jonis, Reeves, Avery, Reed, Jarin, Hattan, And Cane
Girls: Ashland, Rain, Katelynn, Joni, Alexandra, Ariona, and Mylee
I really don't know? I just think whatever comes to mind. Some I've made up.
I agree with A.L.C. on the naming pet peeves.

</div>
September 3rd, 2007, 02:23 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Name? Melissa

Kids Names (if applicable)? I don't have any kids yet

How long have you been into names? Since I was a little girl. I wrote stories and loved to think of names to use.

What are you current top favorite names? Ryder, Asher, Hudson, Brielle (Gabriella), and Mattea

How would you describe your naming style? I like so many names! I really appreciate new names that I haven't heard before. But then I also love a lot of names that HAVE been around for awhile. For boys, I like last names for first names (Hudson and Preston), a lot of two syllable names, and a lot of names ending in -en sound; for girls-- I like very girly and fancy names like Gabriella and Eliana, but then I also like some boyish names like Hayden and Avery.

Any naming pet peeves? I'm pretty open minded, but I don't like the really weird spellings that no one would get. I also like my boys names to look masculine, so I'm not big on fancy spellings for boy names.

September 4th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Name ? Cassidy
Kids Names (if applicable) ? Callie Rose, Brietta Leigh, Chayse Autumn, Kyrynn Shae, Landon Aaron
How long have you been into names? As long as I can remember...more so since Callie was born
What are you current top favorite names? I love my kids names
How would you describe your naming style ? A little bit odd but a little bit our own style
Any naming pet peeves? When parents name their kids after food, like Apple or Coco, or they are so far fetched you can't understand what they are no matter how hard you try. Granted my kids have some odd names, but they don't seem to be too hard/far fetched for people to pronounce.
September 7th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Katherine Sarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name? Katherine Sarah
Kids Names (if applicable)? N/A
How long have you been into names? A very long time.
What are you current top favorite names? Amelia Katherine, Evelyn Victoria, Grace Alexandra, Joseph Matthew, Alexander George.
How would you describe your naming style ? I love long classic, traditional names. I like girly pretty names for girls, for boys i like masculine strong traditional names.
Any naming pet peeves? Creative spelling and stupid name choices in general.
September 8th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MoDeL_MoMMi_07 Send a message via MSN to MoDeL_MoMMi_07 Send a message via Yahoo to MoDeL_MoMMi_07
Name ? Nikkie
Kids Names (if applicable)? Jayron (2)
How long have you been into names? a long time, i have 4 godbabies so i've always been into suggestions
Boys: Justin, Jason, Jeremiah, Jasiah, Michael, Robert, and my son's name "Jayron Allen"
Girls: Leila, Brianah, Danae, Jenae... if i were having a gyrl her name would have been "Autumn Jenae Jenkins"
How would you describe your naming style ? Naming the kids after family... My son has a mixture of everyone... myself, my parents and his daddy
Any naming pet peeves? ummm i dunno

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfbJWo7/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 9th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Name ? Emma
Kids Names (if applicable) ? Gabrielle Jayda-Lee
How long have you been into names? since I was about 17
What are you current top favorite names? Addison or Camdyn & Noah or Israel
How would you describe your naming style ? I have a mixed style!
Any naming pet peeves? Twins/Triplets/etc with rhyming names...

September 9th, 2007, 08:47 PM
MissCarley's Avatar Veteran
Name ? Carley

Kids Names (if applicable) ? One Angel baby, Angelina Jane

How long have you been into names? For as long as I can remember! My dolls names always changed. I've also been a member of several baby name message boards since I first started using the internet.

What are you current top favorite names? Girls: Tatum, Cordelia, Madelaine, Tiziana, Avriana & Paris. Boys: Dominic, Gabriel, Tanner, Ezra & Zane.

How would you describe your naming style ? A definate mix. I think that is the definition of a true nameholic. Someone who loves a whole range of names and doesn't focus on only loving traditional names or only bibical names.

Any naming pet peeves? Just really unusual spellings. Like my name always get's misspelled, but it's legit. It also has meaning since my older sister is Lacey, my mom spelled my name with the "ey" to match. I just don't like spellings like Mahkenzee or girly spellings for boys like Haydyn or Shayne.

<span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS">Angelina Jane. Not gone forever, just gone ahead.
May 17, 2007.</span>

<span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS">First Appointment: October 1st

</div>
September 9th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Mommie2Jax's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Mommie2Jax
Name ? Casey
Kids Names (if applicable) ? Jaxon Payton
How long have you been into names? forever lol
What are you current top favorite names? Rylan and Ashlyn
How would you describe your naming style ? i guess modern
Any naming pet peeves? dont really have any

September 10th, 2007, 08:31 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Name ? Becki
Kids Names (if applicable) ? Mikayla Lynn.
How long have you been into names ? Since I was a little girl lol.
What are you current top favorite names ? Boys- Alexander, Liam and Jackson. Girls- Leah, Saige, Skye and Savannah.
How would you describe your naming style ? I like a lot of different styles. It really just depends on if the name stands out to me and if I like it. I guess lately my style has been more traditional but not too oldfashion.
Any naming pet peeves ? Not really.. to each their own. However, it does bug me when people name their kids just plain ridiculous names like 4real
September 14th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Sal
Name: Sally
Kids Names: Expecting first child, undecided.
What are you current top favorite names: Felicity, Lynneth, Angelina, Brayden, Thomas, Spence.
How would you describe your naming style: hmm, I dont know. I like alot of old fashioned names

Thanks to Meganpixel for my siggy!
October 1st, 2007, 12:00 PM
Veteran
Name ? Nicola
Kids Names (if applicable) ? n/a
How long have you been into names? a longgg time. I rememeber back when i was about 8 and my aunty told me she was pregnant, the first thing i did was sit down a write out a list of names for her to chose from lol (she never did chose one off my list!)
What are you current top favorite names? Boys - Elijah & Noah. Girls - Isabella & Evelyn (nn Evie).
How would you describe your naming style? Sometimes i like trendy names, and sometimes i like more traditional names..so i wouldn't say i have a certain style
Any naming pet peeves? - I don't mind when ppl spell names slighty different (eg. Mollie > Mollie.) But i really don't like it when they just butcher perfectly good names (eg. Olivia > Olyvya).
October 2nd, 2007, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Nicole
Kids Names (if applicable): He's not here yet but the name will more then likely be Caden Joseph.
How long have you been into names: Since middle school. I use to write names I wanted to name my future children. I even had my mom buy me a baby name book when I was 12!
What are you current top favorite names: Way too many to list!
How would you describe your naming style: I do like some "popular" baby names. I am also into Italian and Irish baby names due to me and my DH heritage.
Any naming pet peeves? None that I can think of right now.

<div align="center"></div>

October 16th, 2007, 12:44 AM
irishxrose
Name ? Andrika
Kids Names (if applicable) ? Joshua Benji
How long have you been into names? Since I was about 10 or so.
What are you current top favorite names? Declan, Seamus, Benjamin, Devin, Gauge, Mattea, Charlotte, Scarlett, Victoria, Raven, the list goes on...
How would you describe your naming style ? Honestly, I'm really eclectic. I like mostly everything, from classic to unique.
Any naming pet peeves? Trendy and wacky spellings!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search