Telling people name and their reactions

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate when people ask us what we are naming the baby because they usually do not have anything good to say. My boyfriend and I have settled on Judah Raynor. Most people are dumb and think we are naming him Judas. Judah means praise and Judas is the one that betrayed Jesus. I am not christian but I like the name none the less. Raynor means mighty army. And my boyfriend and his family are all about fighting.... let me explain. Not fighting wars and not fighting physically for no reason except an absolute just cause. But fighting to live and survive and to be strong. Make sense? Well know one will get past the names before saying stuff. I don't ever get a chance to explain so I end up just getting frustrated and telling people to shut up. Then they go on to offer horrible main stream names which anoys me even more. Whats everyones opinions on this name? I can take it from you ladies since I do not know you.

September 7th, 2005, 04:09 PM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
Yes I get that stupid comments from people constantly about baby names. I got them with my DD, Lyric, and this baby is going to be named Story. It is almost to the point now where when people ask, I am just going to say, we haven't decided yet. I don't say anything when people tell me they are naming their child a name that 50million other kids have.

Just ignore them. It is your baby!
September 7th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Those are cute names. I really don't want my son to be a John 1 or John 2. Ya know? No confusion when you say a kids name that is unique. That kid knows your talking about them. I like the idea of unique names, but easy to pronounce ones. My name is unique, but most people can't pronounce it right.

September 7th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Gnuh's Avatar Wa Wa Wee Wa
It seems like no matter what your name your little one if its Mary or captianpoopypants...someone always has something negative to say Its your baby so dont let there stupid commets get to ya!!! BTW Judah is a very nice name and Raynor is too

September 7th, 2005, 07:35 PM
CyprisLuv's Avatar Super Mommy
Those are really good names! BTW, don't let anyone bug ya. It gets frustrating, but in the end it really doesn't matter. Your baby---your name choice. Period.

September 7th, 2005, 07:48 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know what you mean about people. Our DS name is Damen......everyone always says "oh my God, like the kid off of Omen" no, thats Damian, but people think that is close enough. I like Judah Raynor.....it makes me think of a strong spiritual boy. And by spiritual, i don't mean religious, i mean deep thought one with nature type of spiritual. Very unique and I love it.
September 7th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Pickle Pops's Avatar Super Mommy
some people just have to be negative. I personally find the name meaningful and strong. Great choice!

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

September 8th, 2005, 04:27 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
My MIL called me up a few weeks after dh left for iraq and just about BEGGED me to think of another name for Xavier (she kept pronouncing it Zavier even though we told her a million and one times it was X-avier).

Anyway, she wanted me to wait to name him to make sure he looked like his name...I said whatever! Needless to say Xavier is his name and we finally put our foot down on her pronounciation!
September 8th, 2005, 05:43 AM
barrycarrot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For this very reason is why DH and I have decided to tell none of our family the names we have chosen. I feel fine with telling coworkers and such, but family will not know until after the baby is here. I dont want their opinions or want them to have an oppotunity to try to persaud me one way or another for the baby. It's not thier choice. Maybe it's selfish, but that's what we are doing. After the baby is here they will be so excited that they wont think about whether or not they like the name we have chosen!

Married to Tim for 5 years (together for 11!)
Mommy to Hailey Noelle - 2 years old
Jenna Marie scheduled to come March 25th via c-section!

September 8th, 2005, 09:17 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I like both the first and middle names. I say go for it. If you want, you can wait to tell people until your little one arrives and then, they most likely won't say a word to you about the name. Good Luck!

Christina

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

September 8th, 2005, 10:13 AM
MamaBx3
Don't worry about what people say!
It's your baby.
The name will grow on your family members and, like it or not, they'll have no choice but to call the baby by name.
September 8th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanx ladies. Plus I like the name rain and I know my boyfriend would never let me name our kid rain or skylar, which is ok. So with raynor its close enough and he doesn't even know it. haha.

September 8th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Corey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Corey
Don't worry about what other people think! you have the right to name your child whatever you like, and i prefer names that are a little different! that is a great name! very strong name. i didnt go quite as different, i went with Chloe Marie for our first daughter, and this one'll be Emma Rose. but i love the names and thats all that matters!

September 15th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ok, you just gave me the biggest laugh for today. hahahahaha. my husband too! we are naming our baby captianpoopypants, that's all there is too it!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jia7399@Sep 7 2005, 07:33 PM
It seems like no matter what your name your little one if its Mary or captianpoopypants...someone always has something negative to say * Its your baby so dont let there stupid commets get to ya!!! BTW Judah is a very nice name and Raynor is too
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

September 16th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I have chosen Emerson if this is a girl and no one, except my sister, likes it! I just tell them to get used to it b/c that is going to be her name!
September 16th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Carliegirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand. I thought about keeping out name ideas secret until the baby was born and then announcing what had chosen, but I've decided to share our ideas with people instead. Now, while it may get really annoying and half the time people hate what we like, I just remind myself that why I am sharing with them is to make them feel more included and to glean the negative tidbits I never would have thought of. For instance, we were considering Moon for a while and my sister said, "Moon would totally be teased about mooning. Don't use it." While I loved the name, she had a point and it has subsequently been replaced by Luna, a name that means "moon." Anyhow, long story short, don't listen to the personal opinions, just listen to the helpful fact based information. By the way, I think that both of the names you have chosen are lovely. I also really like Judah.

Thanks so much for the lovely siggie Trish (mtdk454)!!!!
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTRLvVI/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search