Micah - Help!!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Veteran
I love Micah for a boy. I thought that was settled in our family, but my son and husband both told me they think it sounds like a girl's name.

I have heard online of several people using it for a girl. Is it going to be one of those that can go either way, or is it going to start leaning toward a girl. Like Madison, I liked it for a boy years ago, but it's become almost strictly girl. (In our 2nd grade at my school, there are 3 or 4 girls named Madison - and there are only 30 children!!)

Help! I don't want him to be the only boy Micah in a sea of girl Micah's.

Baby Sister of Lindy and Garrett!
September 8th, 2005, 11:10 AM
MamaBx3
I know 3 girls named Micah.

2 are at my school, and 1 lives down the road, she's almost 2.
September 8th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a nephew named Mikah and I also thought it sounded kinda girly esp. the way she spells it. Now after watching him I think it really fits him and its cute for a boy!
September 8th, 2005, 11:40 AM
MamaBx3
I'd just say Micah is now a unisex name.
September 8th, 2005, 04:11 PM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it could be used both ways. It came from the Bible as a boy's name, but I know a little girl named Micah as well.
September 8th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Veteran
I know several older children (boys) named Micah. I know two little girls named Micah. One spells in Mykah and the other Myca. I think that it is great either way.

<center>

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Matthew Clinton (Matt) is getting so big!</font>
</center>

<center>
<center>
<center>
<center>
<center>
September 9th, 2005, 06:48 AM
barrycarrot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. I never knew Micah was turning into a girl's name! It is totally a boys name to me and i love it!

Married to Tim for 5 years (together for 11!)
Mommy to Hailey Noelle - 2 years old
Jenna Marie scheduled to come March 25th via c-section!

September 9th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Shorty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Shorty
I only know one Micah who is a little boy. I like it.
September 9th, 2005, 07:14 PM
a20man09duh's Avatar Member
Micah is great for boys OR girls in my opinion: I've known 1 boy Micah, and 2 girls ... one of whom is 2 now and the other is about 14. It fits all of them well, and I think it's a truly unisex name. I like it either way, though

(Me riding an elephant statue in Atlanta in May 2005)

*Life, much like a french movie, rarely makes any sense,but when it's right, it's right, & you dont question it, you dont think, you dont ponder, you just exist*

~*AmandaGayle*~
September 15th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i've only ever known a boy named micah. i still think of a boy when i hear the name. i like it.

September 16th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds ALL boy to me!! I've only known one person named Micah - i went to high school with him.

We have chosen Logan for a boy and to me that is ALL boy too, but many people are using it for a girl's name now.

However, I have chosen Emerson for a girl and many people say it's totally masculine.
September 16th, 2005, 09:28 AM
plum's Avatar Veteran
Micah is all boy to me. Very masculine. And I also think Madison is way too masculine for a girl, but that's just me. Anyway, I say use Micah. It's a great boys name.
September 16th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Carliegirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally think of a boy when I hear that name, but I have to say that I only know two people with the name...one a boy and one a girl. I think at this point its a unisex name but I'd be surprised if it doesn't go the way of Madison and become more female than male.

Thanks so much for the lovely siggie Trish (mtdk454)!!!!
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTRLvVI/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search