boy's name of Lincoln

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2005, 08:30 AM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I were discussing boy's name last night (to which we can never find one we agree on) when he came up with the name Lincoln. I had never thought about that before, but remembered someone on this message board had a son named Lincoln, and thought it was really cute when I saw it. What did you use as a mn? Do you remember some of your ideas? I didn't know if you/family members used nn "linc" and how that worked out. Also, any teasing/etc. about abraham lincoln? I was also looking into different spellings, like Linkin/Linken, but I think that just looks odd. A possiblity for mn is Daniel. Opinions please!
September 9th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Veteran
Lincoln is nice but I don't know about the nn Linc, first thing that comes to mind is Missing....................Missing Linc. Kids can be cruel.

September 9th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Yeah~I wouldn't use the nn Linc. I asked my mother today is she liked it...totally expecting her not to, but she really did! So that made me happy in a way. (Not that if she didn't like I wouldn't use it). So we will probably use Lincoln Daniel. I think it has a nice, strong sound to it. I wonder what Lincoln means...I will have to see if it is in a baby book online. Does anyway know?
September 9th, 2005, 01:04 PM
okay, I found it: it means Home by the pond. lol
September 9th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Veteran
You could call him Daniel. . . or Lincoln but great name!

<center>

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Matthew Clinton (Matt) is getting so big!</font>
</center>

<center>
<center>
<center>
<center>
<center>
September 9th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. I prob. won't call him Daniel since that is my DH name and also brother's name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search