♥Isabella♥

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I've liked Bella for awhile now, ever since I found out it meant "Beautiful"....but I met a little girl named Isabella tonight- the first time I've ever met anyone named that. She was beautiful and so delightful; it just completely made the name for me.

I've known Isabella has been on the top 10 for a few years now, but it barely seems like that since I had never met anyone named that before tonight.

WDYT of Isabella? Is it really that common where you live? How many Isabella's have you met?

September 14th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Jessuh's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm the same way! I love the name Isabella with the nn Bella. I think I have honestly only met maybe two people with this name. That's impressive considering I take care of kids everyday. I always thought I wouldn't use it because of it's popularity but now that I think about it I don't even know that many of them.
September 15th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's pretty common where I live, along with Isabel and Isabelle. It's just gotten popular recently, so I didn't know anyone with that name when I was growing up. I've met about two or three Isabel/Isabelle/Isabellas, more recently, and they were all younger. I still like the name, but not as much as I did before it became so common.

If the popularity bothers you, there's also Arabella and Annabelle/Annabella for the Bella nickname.
September 15th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
it is really popular in my area but some names are more popular in different areas, like Abigail has been in the top 10 since 2001 but I have yet to meet one, and I taught pre-k before, as well as student teaching in pre-k and worked in daycares. So I think that it just depends where you live. In NJ Isabella was the #1 most popular name for 2006.

September 15th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Katherine Sarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive never met an Isabella/Isabelle/Isabel so thats why ive always considered the name for the future, the only thing that has put me off the name is ive found its a bit too frilly for my taste, i like girly names like Grace and Amelia, but Isabella is just a bit too girly. I think if you really like the name then go for it. Just because a name is in the top 10, it doesnt mean the particular name is going to be popular in your area, i cant understand why people completely dismiss a name because its in the top 10 when they have never met a child or adult with the name!
September 15th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know 4! One is around 6, one is in my nephew's class so about 4, one is 2 and the last is a newborn.

They are ALL called Bella, so using another name to get the nn Bella wouldn't do a lot of good here!

I'm going to PM you something, Melissa.

</div>
September 15th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is REALLY common in the southern town we live in. Just in the past year I think there have been a lot more.

September 15th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyTheresa
Where I live I don't think it is extremely common. You do here it every so often.

September 15th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbeyraglin
Have not met anyone with the name. I love it, too.

If this baby would have been a girl, I would have considered it. I think it depends on the area you live in. It is not popular in my area. I look through my hospital babies born website and only see it on there every few weeks. There are roughly 3 or 4 babies born a day there at least.

Micah 2001

Zachariah 2002

Amaya 2005

Lucas Gabriel due Nov 3rd 2007

[<div id="RTEContent"></div>]
September 15th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I keep seeing people say it's SO popular, etc.. but I have YET to meet a baby named Isabella.
September 15th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I actually don't know one.

I actually love Isabel/Isobel/Isabela, I hate -ella names.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search