Names for our Baby

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2007, 07:00 PM
4boys
I am 11 weeks pregnant so I know it's early, but I love thinking about names and I really want to have some suggestions for when we really seriously start thinking about this later. For a girl, our (or maybe mostly my) current front runner is Erin Evangeline. Erin is my name but for some reason hubby keeps bringing it up as a name for our daughter. Evangeline is my favourite name and we would call her this, or Eve for short. I am SOOO excited that this is a possibility because for about 4 years now hubby has been bent on naming a daughter Cadence. I used to love it, then it got trendy, and even though I still think it's a very pretty name, I am not wanting to use it anymore. Besides that, we were going to use the nn Cadi, but now I have a new SIL Katie and I see her a lot so that doesn't really work. So I am really excited to use Evangeline instead.

Now for boys.....there are lots of names I like, but not really any I love. I guess my list would include Judah (we almost named our third son this), Cale, Colby (but I am afraid it is too much like Toby to be able to use), Andrew (a little boring for me ), Shane (not too sure on this one), Noah, Ezra, Jonah..... I guess I like a lot of Old Testament names. I like names that are different but heard of, and I am definitely not into trendy. Names like Brayden don't appeal to me at all. I also like Elijah/Eli but my last name is very similar so that wouldn't work.

So, if you have actually read the whole book I've just typed (!!!) then feel free to comment or suggest boy names!! Thank you!
September 23rd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOVE Evangeline!

For boys ... try Nymbler. Type in names you like and it spits out suggestions. Keep hitting "more names" and they just pop up forever! There's bound to be something you like. Of the ones you listed I think Judah, Ezra, and Jonah are especially good.

</div>
September 23rd, 2007, 07:18 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Evangeline is beautiful, I like it a lot better than Cadence. From your boys list I like Jonah and Ezra.

September 23rd, 2007, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love Evangeline! If Erin is your first name, maybe you could use Evangeline Erin?

Boy name suggestions:

Josiah
Isaac
Levi
Elisha
Simon
Micah
Gabriel
Asher
Nathan
September 23rd, 2007, 07:42 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I like Eva a lot. With a soft E, though. I like most of your boys names.... Cale, Judah, Jonah, Ezra, and Noah

September 23rd, 2007, 08:23 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Of your boy's names I *LOVE* Ezra. Love love love it. My vote is definitely for Ezra.

September 23rd, 2007, 08:50 PM
Elysia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Elysia Send a message via MSN to Elysia
I think Evangeline with the nn Eve is adorable and for boys I like Colby, Noah, Ezra, Judah and Jonah.

Some random name suggestions:

Sebastian
Cole
Xander
Ryan
Darrion
Kieran

September 24th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Evangeline is beautiful. I used to work with one who went by Vangie. For the boys names, I absolutely LOVE Judah. My hubby wont let me use it though. Noah is great too.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
September 24th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Your girl's name is nice!

Jonah is my favorite from your boy's name list. Some more boy suggestions:

Elliott (or is this too close to your last name?)
Grady
Maxwell (Max)
Caleb
Wesley
September 24th, 2007, 09:15 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love Evangeline. I think Evangeline Erin is a great combo.

For boys, my favorites from your post are Caleb/Cale, Judah, Jonah, Ezra, and Noah.

September 25th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love your girl combo.. Evangeline or Evangelina is beautiful!

I like your boys names except Cale-its a vegetable

September 26th, 2007, 07:50 PM
LvMyLaxKid's Avatar Super Mommy
IMO, if you are going to call her Eve, or Evangeline, I'd NAME her Evangeline Erin. It still flows nicely, and avoids the confusion. She's still be named after you. :>)

For a boy, I'm not fond of Judah. But I LOVE Ezra and Jonah! The others are ok, just a little plain for my taste. And I hear Noah A LOT, so if you don't like trendy names, I think I'd go with one of the others.

Good luck!

Proud Mom of an only child- Parker Joseph- 2-21-2005
September 27th, 2007, 11:18 AM
4boys
Thanks for all the advice. So far my top picks are Erin Evangeline (or Evangeline Erin, we'll have to talk about which one) and Judah Matthew. I love the meaning of Judah Matthew and there just aren't any other boys names that stand out as THE name, kwim? So for now, these are my picks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search