First impression

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2005, 03:55 PM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sooooo...looks like another girlie for us.

Tell me the FIRST impression you get when you hear these names. (For example, when I hear "Bertha" I think "big cow" - no offense to any berthas out there...)

Avery Elizabeth

Cadence Maria
September 19th, 2005, 05:21 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Cadence all the way! Nothing wrong with Avery but I really do like Cadence! Isn't it your other daughter named Quinn? Quinn and Cadence sounds nice Not big on Maria, sorry. Infact I like Cadence Elizabeth!

September 19th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love Avery Elizabeth!! I like Cadence Ok but it make me think of a girl I went to shcool w/named Candece and we called her Candy.
September 19th, 2005, 05:41 PM
MamaBx3
Avery Elizabeth is gorgeous!
September 19th, 2005, 06:33 PM
chlodoll
Avery i think of Murphy Brown because that what she named her son on the show. So i associate it with a boy more.
September 19th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Avery Elizabeth I love, but Avery is getting pretty popular around here, if you don't mind that.

</div>
September 19th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Veteran
When I hear Candence I think Candy like a hooker name (no offense to any ppl named Candence or Candy). When I hear Avery I think of a little girl playful and beautiful. I say Avery Elizabeth.

<center>

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Matthew Clinton (Matt) is getting so big!</font>
</center>

<center>
<center>
<center>
<center>
<center>
September 19th, 2005, 07:29 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Quote:
Originally posted by crazyhouse@Sep 19 2005, 08:58 PM
When I hear Candence I think Candy like a hooker name (no offense to any ppl named Candence or Candy).* When I hear Avery I think of a little girl playful and beautiful.* I say Avery Elizabeth.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

It was Cadence

September 19th, 2005, 09:58 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Cadence Maria! I don't think of anything particular when I hear those names though,, they are just both really pretty.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

September 20th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Veteran
I like both names and nothing bad comes to mind at the thought of either. Both seem to be getting REALLY popluar though, just in case that is a concern.

September 20th, 2005, 07:54 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really like them both and cant really decide!!!! Although I think I am leaning towards Avery Elizabeth! Good luck!

September 20th, 2005, 10:17 AM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies! Those are really the top choices - I expected more of a war with DH, but he seemed partial to the first two I suggested right off the bat (giving me a near heart attack, given our last fight to the finish with DD #1)

ChristaT - yes, Quinn is DD#1, good memory That was part of the reason that I liked Cadence, because the two are alliterative. I like Elizabeth too, but our last name is horrifically long - I fear saddling her with an alphabet-sized name! Maria is shorter and was more of a hat-tip to Our Lady.

Thanks again for all the opinions!

PS - I am a little concerned that several people mentioned popularity... are we talking Madison level popularity? Or, like, you know one or two people, like everyone knows one or two Mike's or a couple of Sarah's. I guess I mean - the difference between trendy vs popular.
September 20th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to chelle2k
I don't really like Avery for a girl. It is a boy name to me. I like Candace though. It's pretty
September 20th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Veteran
I think that both are REALLY popular right now, like the possible new Madison. But I could be wrong. I just have been seeing and hearing them alot, which I love both and have had both on my VERY long list, but they may not be as popular in your area. Anyway they are both beautiful. I think Cadence does sound nice with Quinn.

September 20th, 2005, 02:57 PM
AustinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to AustinsMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AustinsMommy
i love both! Avery is my choice though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search