Can't agree!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2004, 07:56 AM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else having a problem with DH and not agreeing on names!

I can't even talk to Dh about names because we end up arguing! Me getting mad and not wanting to talk to him at all!

I love the name that I have picked out and he doesn't! It bothers me so much. I was so easy with him with Christopher's name. Why can't he be the same with this little ones as I was with Christopher!

WHY WHY WHY!!!
December 20th, 2004, 08:38 AM
I Heart 4x4
((hugs))

Remember what we talked about? Have him go through the Baby Name Data Base, and you go through it too .... write down any name you really like .... cross reference your lists and then pick out a name that way!

If he doesn't like the name you picked out, and you pick it anyway ... he may resent it later on, and you don't want to do that! Having a baby is a blessing for BOTH of you ...

Lighten up! I'm sure you guys will come up with a compromise!
December 21st, 2004, 08:58 AM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ChrisBrentMom - I know just what you're going thru. I went thru HUNDREDS of names - no exaggeration - for our DD before I found one that DH could live with. It was doubly hard bc he refused to make any lists himself - he just wanted me to come up with things that he could say Yay or Nay too. Little prince, ugh. Keep plugging away and hopefully you will come to a compromise!
Try the Social Security Database too - its got hundreds of names there, listed by popularity thru the years. Easy to print out and show to DH for ideas!!
December 21st, 2004, 09:17 AM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by mamaB@Dec 21 2004, 09:58 AM
- he just wanted me to come up with things that he could say Yay or Nay too. <div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

That is exactly my problem too! It is obvious that he doesn't like my names! he needs to come up with his own!

Our problem too is that I really like unique names and he really doesn't. We have two totally different taste so it is just really putting a fork in the road!

I think I am going to try the Social Security DB too. That is the second time someone mentioned it to me (today)!

Thanks a much!
December 21st, 2004, 01:02 PM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by ChristopherBrent'sMommy@Dec 21 2004, 12:17 PM
Our problem too is that I really like unique names and he really doesn't. We have two totally different taste so it is just really putting a fork in the road!

<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Wow, sounds like your DH and mine would get along famously. Exactly the same problem with us.

One thing that worked for us regarding 'unique' v 'traditional' - we chose a traditional first name, and an unusual middle name, but are calling our girl by her middle name. The way DH saw it, the traditional name is in the dominant slot on her birth certificate, giving her the option to use it if she wants later in life)

Anyway, good luck... let us know the final choice once it gets decided!!
December 27th, 2004, 09:55 PM
AuntieFromBama
Let him pick first/middle name and you pick first/middle name. I know alot of my friends who their parents did that.
December 27th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Stephanee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah eric and i are having the same thing.. not arguing so much but just not agreeing...

we have our girls name but he wants damien for a boy... i don't mind it but everyone hates it!!

sorry you two can't agree

December 31st, 2004, 03:02 PM
Veteran
our biggest debate righ know is for a boy
i want Kolby, he wants Colby

Kolby William 5/15/05 8 lbs and 8 ozs. 21 1/2 inches

From left to right....Julia, Kendrick and Kassie!
January 4th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Jamie and i are going through the same thing with a slight difference.. We pick the name.. we both love it loads.. then when we say right we pick this name then?? He all of a sudden hates it.. Like Sebastian.. One minute he loves it, next minute he hates it.. so i'm sticking with it and thats that unless he comes up with a name himself LMAO..
January 6th, 2005, 04:26 PM
HipKat
Quote:
Originally posted by bLoNdSpRkL@Dec 28 2004, 01:59 AM
yeah eric and i are having the same thing.. not arguing so much but just not agreeing...

we have our girls name but he wants damien for a boy... i don't mind it but everyone hates it!!

sorry you two can't agree
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

He wants to name your son after the son of Satan???
Hope he doesn't develop a love for pea soup.......
Be afraid if his little head starts spinning around in circles.....

For a middle name, how about Lucifer!
January 6th, 2005, 04:26 PM
HipKat
Quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer8211@Dec 28 2004, 01:59 AM
our biggest debate righ know is for a boy
i want Kolby, he wants Colby

Cheese????
January 9th, 2005, 05:19 PM
TheGeneralsGal
Have you made a decision YET? LMAO
January 17th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Oh my I am not the only one... My Dh had the baby's middle name picked out when we found out I was pg... I kept putting names with the middle name and he would say no... And that we had plenty of time... Then my sis came up with a name and it went well with the middle name and we started calling the baby it... My dh got mad because we didn't ask him... But alll he kept saying was we had plenty of time... Then the big day came and I had the baby... I was in recovery. When they wheeled me back to my room they stopped me in the hall to show me the baby.... And my dh told me that he had already told them the first name but I needed to tell them the second name... (which was not told to anyone until he was born) I thought oh no.... What did he tell them.... Man my head raced....
Braxton...... He told them the name I had picked that he was so upset about

So he was named Braxton Dwight (middle name is in honor of my dad who had done alot for us)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search