Naming Baby Boy After Dad

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2005, 01:25 PM
bellebutton's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok Ive been sitting here at work (bored) thinking about the baby boy's names. I posted suggestions a week ago about the names Cody Haden Max and Matthew. Then me and DH were talking and I mentioned that we can name the baby after him (his name is Shad) I wouldnt (really) have too much of a problem with it. But is that too old fashioned. Reading other posts I havent come across too many (or any) JR's. What do you think??

October 3rd, 2005, 02:12 PM
Veteran
I think it is a good idea. B.J.'s middle name is Joel after his dad. I mean he isn't a junior but it is not a bad idea and I like the name Shad.

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Free Glitter Graphics

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Free Glitter Graphics
I WANT 1 MORE BABY:
Blaise Jeremiah or Jacob Blade
Brenley Jewel or Justice Brianne
October 3rd, 2005, 03:17 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im not fond of Juniors or seconds, but if you dont have a problem, go for it. If we have a boy, we will be using DH first name as a middle name. Good luck deciding!

October 3rd, 2005, 03:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I personally would never have a JR. My ex was a jr & went by his middle name. It was a huge pain in the butt. Other people would always get confused when I called him by his middle name. Like when we went through the IVF process. The nurse nearly freaked because all the medical records used his legal 1st name & then I called him by his middle. I called him by his middle name because that's how he was introduced to me.

I do like using the 1st name as a middle though.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
October 3rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
My DH is the III and our first son will be a IV! I am all for tradition, and I think it is a way of honoring those we love. My DH was very fond of his grandfather who was the original AJ! We will even be using the nick name AJ (as my DH goes by Tony or TJ)!

A neighbor of my in-laws has a grandson that is named Sean Andrew and his father's name is Andrew Sean. That is an option, just reverse DH's order of names.

It all depends on your preference. If you don't mind having a Jr, then go for it. If you would still like to use your DH's name, there is always the possibility of using his first or middle name for one of the childs names.

Good Luck!

Christina

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

October 4th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Veteran
I am not a fan of Jr's or Thirds. I worked in finance for years and years and I saw many a credit report that was a complete disaster where they would get it all messed up and have them mixed together or someone else's credit in the others. You can always use the name and give them a different first or middle name, and it still honoring the person, but then your child still has a name of their own. That is just my opinion.

October 4th, 2005, 04:25 PM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
I'm not a fan because like Teresa said, I have heard that it can cause major credit messups. My friend named her son after his father and she regrets it now. She just said it is annoying to have 2 the same name, she always has to specify which one she is talking about.
October 4th, 2005, 06:15 PM
bellebutton's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea I agree, I think I just might go with my first thought....Haden James

October 4th, 2005, 06:31 PM
MamaBx3
I would do it, as a mn only though.

Dakota and I decided that if the baby had been a boy his name would have been Malikai Dakota.
October 5th, 2005, 09:25 AM
c_robinson19's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to c_robinson19 Send a message via Yahoo to c_robinson19
We are using Lewis, because thats all of Q's families middle name. Even his gr-gr grandmothers. But I do put my foot down at using Lewis for a girls name.
October 5th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Regular
If you like it you should definetly go for it.but i personally dont jr's thirds fourths etc... my Df and i are considering using both of our middle names as our childs middle name if its a boy the middle name will be W. after Df and Marie after me..Good luck picking something.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search