For the moms

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2007, 10:13 PM
When you saw your baby, did you feel differently about the name(s) that you had chosen?
December 14th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I wonder about this often. I sometimes think that maybe the name that I've chosen won't be good enough for my child. I will be curious to see what other moms say.

December 15th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes. I was so glad we hadnt picked THE ONE prior to seeing the babies

DD1 - Mira Eve (said like miracle) DH hated the name and would not concede to it but after how awful her birth was, he was just happy she was alive and let me name her.

DD2 - was nearly a Zoey or Gwen, DH was pushing for Gianna. When we saw her, we knew her name was Tessa Gwen

DS - we could not decide on a name (read argued all the time) until we saw him. We named him Levi Dean. Levi was a name we had actually kicked off the list a few months before but it fit him so perfectly

December 15th, 2007, 07:58 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I didnt have a name picked out when I had her.. I had a boys name set, it was Noah Lee but obviously, I didnt have a boy! lol
December 15th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
No, the name fit her perfectly.

December 16th, 2007, 04:49 AM
MommytoOliviaandCole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't, she just looks like an Olivia to me.

December 16th, 2007, 09:50 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope not at all. My boys names fit them perfectly.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

December 16th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
At first he didnt really fit any name. He was just "my baby". I felt like he had to grow a little more and I had to get to know him a little more before I knew if Seamus fit him or not. But once he started getting more personality, Seamus definitely fit him. I'm very glad we picked it. So in short... he didn't really fit like any name at first, but he grew into the name we picked and now it fits perfectly.

December 16th, 2007, 10:31 AM
joyfulmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the above post. Neither of my children fit their names at birth, but I didn't have any choices that I liked better, and eventually they "grew into them." Now I couldn't imagine them being anything else.

Brooke
mom to...
Mariah
Savannah
JJ
Allison
December 16th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I always use cute nicknames at first, because they are babies and it's almost hard to call them by what sound like grown up names. But honestly, once my boys were born the last thing on my mind was their names. There's many more things to think about and they just sorta grow into whatever you choose!
December 16th, 2007, 11:54 AM
ibdancn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not at all. It fits her perfectly. Although we were kinda hoping she'd have red hair like me so it'd fit her even better... But she is definitely an Autumn Rose.

Thank you Chelsea (marriedc) for my beautiful siggy

December 16th, 2007, 12:32 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
We have a lot of names picked out for a boy and a girl, but I think we have agreed that we won't pick a name for our baby till we meet them after birth to see which name they are. (we want their name to fit, not pick a name and call them that the whole pregnancy and then see the name doesn't quite fit. My parents didn't name name me till they met me, I was a surprise. And DH's parents didn't name him till after they met him as well. We are going to follow the tradition!)

December 17th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Bam&RaynedropsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I agree with the above post. Neither of my children fit their names at birth, but I didn't have any choices that I liked better, and eventually they "grew into them." Now I couldn't imagine them being anything else.[/b]
^^ My daughter didn't fit her name either but she grew into it and it suits her well, especially her attitude

New *PICTURE* Siggy coming soon! =)
December 17th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
when I saw her I was glad we had changed it previously (from Delilah to Alaina)... I still like Delilah and its being considered again but she definitely is an Alaina to me.

December 17th, 2007, 05:39 AM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wonder if it's even possible for a parent not to think their kid's name fits. For DD, I wanted the name Elena sooooo badly. I liked Anna, but I worried if it was a little too plain and common. Now, I'm so glad we didn't name her Elena, because I can't even picture it on her. Anna fits her perfectly. I sometimes wonder, though, if we had named her Elena that I'd be so thankful we didn't name her Anna. It's just hard for me to picture her as anything else but Anna at this point. I love the name and it fits her perfectly.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search