Brooke & Colin

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Brita13's Avatar Veteran
WDYT?
Possible middle names?
Does it stand okay on it's own or does it need to be Brookelyn?
Would Brooke be okay w/ a one syllable last name?
Colin as middle name for Charles? Family tradition to name first born Charles but call by middle name. We were also considering Brody but like Colin as well.
Spellings?

December 17th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I definitely think Brooke could stand alone! I love Brooklyn, though. Colin is adorable. I like it a lot.

December 17th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I like Brooke on its own alot better than Brooklyn. I love both Colin and Brody as well!

December 17th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love Colin. Brody is unattractive in my opinion, and it's much more popular than Colin, so it's likely that he'll have another Brody, or a Brady or a Grody in his class.

Brooke is fine on its own. It was used as a name long before Brooklyn was. Brooklyn only became popular after David Beckham used it for his son, and it sounds a little bit celebrity-ish and trashy. I like Brooke a lot better than Brooklyn.
December 18th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Regular
I definitely like both. Brooke can stand on it's own, and I prefer it to Brookelyn. I also really like Colin, but prefer the spelling Collin. Brody is okay, but I like Collin better. However, Charles Brody I prefer over Charles Collin, but if you're going to be calling him the middle name I guess it doesn't really matter
December 18th, 2007, 06:36 AM
MommytoOliviaandCole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Brooke, I totally think it could stand alone. Colin is also cute and I think it could be a middle name for Charles.

December 18th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like Brooke and think it can definitely stand alone. I really don't think you'd have to worry about people associating it with David Beckam anymore then naming your kid Henry would be associated with Julia Roberts. I don't think most people in the US know the names of David Beckams' kids. Heck, most people didn't know who he was until a couple of months ago. If you're ok with most people assuming she's named after Brooklyn, NY, I think you could use Brroke or Brooklyn. I like Colin and think Cullen and Callum are nice alternatives without being as common. I love Brody.
December 19th, 2007, 09:22 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I think the name Brooke is so pretty. I really prefer it to Brooklynn (but its nice too!). Out of the boys names, I prefer Brody- but Collin is cute and not as popular anymore.
December 20th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Colin I like, Brooke is not so much my style. But I do think with a one-syllable last name, a longer first name sounds better. Or maybe you could call her by her first and middle names together? I do prefer Brooke to Brooklyn.

Charles Colin, called Colin, gets two thumbs up from me! Brooke I'm not as sure about, but Brooklyn I don't like. What middle names did you have in mind for Brooke?

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search