WDYT of These

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Super Mommy
Hi everyone,

DH and I have a list of names we like, but so far the following are our top choices.

Girl: Dylynne Elizabeth (After my DH and my moms name is Lynne. My middle name is Elizabeth)
Boy: Briston Michael (Briston is so different and I think strong, Michael is DH middle name.)

What do you ladies think?

December 29th, 2007, 05:25 PM
BrownEyedGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Your husband's name is Dylan and you're going to name your daughter Dylynne? Are they suppose to be pronounced the same way? It's a very masculine name and spelling it wrong doesn't make it feminine. Briston is too made-up for my tastes, sorry.
December 29th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Julka
I really don't like the look or sound of Dylynne - it looks way too made up and there are too many "y's" in there. I think you can play with other combos of the names... Lynn could be part of her first name without it sounding so masculine and made up.
December 29th, 2007, 06:31 PM
audreyburn06's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to audreyburn06
Quote:
I really don't like the look or sound of Dylynne - it looks way too made up and there are too many "y's" in there. I think you can play with other combos of the names... Lynn could be part of her first name without it sounding so masculine and made up.[/b]
If you're trying to include Lynn, I like the above idea... like Katelyn or Madeline (they wouldn't have to use the same spelling, but still have the same sound - for instance my mom's name is nicki and I'm thinking nicole as a poss.) Also, the spelling of "Dylynne" could be hard for her, not just as a child, she'd have to spell out her name to everyone her whole life.
Not sure about Briston, it kind of reminds me of "brisket" or "bristol" for some reason. What about Braxton?

December 29th, 2007, 06:43 PM
hettyhoo's Avatar Mom to Ty & Grae
I like Dylan for a girl spelled this way the best.... or maybe Dilyn
Briston is cute and I also like Bristol

December 29th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks girls. Yeah I wasnt sure about all the Y's in Dylynne. I guess it does sound kinda funny. Thank you all for your honesty.

Briston is a mixed bag. I really like it, but it seems like half I tell it to like it and the other half hate it. hahaha. It's still really early so it will be fun to see what I end up with.

I will try to think of other ways to include Lynne. Thanks alot again!!

December 29th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I personally LOVE Dylan for a girl....but am not sure about your spelling. I realize that you want to specifically use the 'Lynne' spelling though so that's tough....

Other "Lynne" suggestions:

Irelyn
Maitlyn
Gracelyn
Madelyn
Adalyn
Ashlyn

All of these could be played with to be spelt to your liking...
December 29th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I think it would be really cute to name your daughter after your husband, but I don't know if I'd want to have two people with the same name, ywim? But there are a lot of people that do that, so it's up to you guys!! Just something to think about.

Briston is really different.. and I do think it sounds strong, but I think I prefer Braxton. How about Tristan? I love Tristan- I wish my husband would let me use that one!

Something that I've been learning lately (and still need to grasp completely because people's opinions matter a lot to me )-- you won't be able to find a name that everybody likes. If you and your husband both like it a lot and agree on it- that's the most important thing!

Also, you have to consider who is giving you the comment on your name. Think about what names they like. They might have a completely different style of names then yourself, ywim? There are a lot of people that only like traditional, old-fashioned names. They probably aren't going to give you the most positive comments on your "trendy" names. But then there's some people that love the "trendy" unique names and they might LOVE your name choices. Just keep that in mind, too

December 31st, 2007, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Rysmommy1011 Send a message via Yahoo to Rysmommy1011
I love Dylan for a girl! Briston is cute as well!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search