Would you ever....

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Give two of your children the same middle name? What if the name was a family name or had special meaning to you?
December 29th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I wouldn't. If I really wanted to use a middle name that had meaning, I would just find another one instead of using the same one, ywim?

December 29th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Veteran
No I would not. I think that it is very special to do family names that mean a lot to you but would never give my children the same middle name.

December 29th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i wouldnt either. that makes it look like the parents couldnt think of another name(or didnt care to)

[img]

December 29th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope. My sister and I share part of our name and I'm not happy about it at all. Maybe it would be better if it was a middle name (instead of middle name/first name), but as things are, it's annoying. Plus I have no other options for names to go by ... her first name is my middle name, so it's already in use if I wanted to go by my middle name.

I'd worry about one child choosing to go by the middle name and then another, maybe younger sibling, being upset because they didn't get the same choice. Once a name is taken in that way, it's taken. I'd rather all my kids have distinct names for that reason.

The only way I would is if I wanted to use my maiden name for that purpose, but even then I'd think about giving two middle names just so they had another option to fall back on. That's something to consider for another family name, etc, too ... using Firstname Middlename Specialname Lastname. It's just that in my experience, I wish I had a second option to use. Some people consider sharing a name special but in case my kids don't, I wouldn't risk it.

</div>
December 30th, 2007, 12:38 PM
RahRah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RahRah Send a message via Yahoo to RahRah
I have a friend named Nicole Marie and her sister is Brooke Nicole and then I have a friend name Matthew Joseph and his bro is Michael Joseph.

I wouldn't personally do it unless it was a really meaningful family name and then I would probably use it as a 2nd middle name for both.

December 30th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
I wouldn't. I grew up with three friends (who were sisters) and they all had the same middle name (Ann), which was also their mother's middle name... and that always bothered me.

Quote:
The only way I would is if I wanted to use my maiden name for that purpose, but even then I'd think about giving two middle names just so they had another option to fall back on. That's something to consider for another family name, etc, too ... using Firstname Middlename Specialname Lastname.[/b]
This is what we did with Seamus' name. His second middle name is my maiden name. Originally we planned for only him and not any of our future children to have two middle names... but we liked the two-middle-names-thing so much that we decided to do that with all our future kids. Of course though, they'll all have DIFFERENT middle names.

December 30th, 2007, 02:01 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, I wouldn't. My Dad and his younger brother share names and I always thought that was odd and a little unfair that they didn't have their "own" names. My Dad is John Michael and my Uncle is Michael John.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

December 30th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
I wouldn't just because there are lots of names i love and want to use. But i don't see anything wrong with it. My husband is Joshua michael and is brother has the same middle name.
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
December 30th, 2007, 05:46 PM
irishxrose
I personally wouldn't.
December 30th, 2007, 07:45 PM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
I never would.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: