New Trendy Names Subforum

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
There is a new subforum titled "Trendy Names". I created this subforum for people who like trendy, made-up, and/or created names.

December 30th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Okay... what about people who like real, traditional names that are spelled correctly. Where do we go?
December 30th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
If you'd like another sub-forum, just let me know! Otherwise, the regular board is for everyone, even people who like trendy names.

The reason I created that sub-forum is for people to go if they want responses from other people who like trendy names, too. Usually when people that don't like trendy names respond to a trendy name topic, they will write something like "It looks misspelled", "How about this more traditional name", etc...

I just wanted a place for people that like the more creative, trendy names/spellings to go if they want responses from other people who like the same kind-of names.

What would you like me to title the other sub-forum, Mel? Traditional Names? Classic Names?

December 30th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
How about "Non-Trendy Names"?

Honestly, I was thinking the same think Mel was, but was too afraid to say anything (I didn't want to offend anyone). But the first thing that popped in my head was having a sub-board for "non-trendy names".

The description could be something like:

"Like classic, traditional names? Or names spelled correctly and on the right gender? Got an issue with surnames as first names? Don't like made-up names? This is the place for you!"

Of course, that's just what went through my head, lol... don't know how anyone else would feel.

ETA: Thanks for the new sub-board, btw. I'm sure lots of the women here will get a lot of use out of it.

December 31st, 2007, 02:36 PM
Mommyto2Girls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's a great idea If you aren't a fan of trendy names you can skip this sub-forum...lol.

Thanks AlexAiden Mommy
for my siggy!

December 31st, 2007, 04:15 PM
SoonToBeBlessedWith3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I think it's a great idea If you aren't a fan of trendy names you can skip this sub-forum...lol.[/b]
Agreed!

January 1st, 2008, 10:30 AM
Bre+Will=Reid
I think it's kind of sad that these subforums are even needed There are thousands upon thousands of potential baby names, we should all be able to be in the same place.

But, I understand why you created it, I just wish it wasn't necessary.
January 1st, 2008, 07:37 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Quote:
If you'd like another sub-forum, just let me know! Otherwise, the regular board is for everyone, even people who like trendy names.

The reason I created that sub-forum is for people to go if they want responses from other people who like trendy names, too. Usually when people that don't like trendy names respond to a trendy name topic, they will write something like "It looks misspelled", "How about this more traditional name", etc...

I just wanted a place for people that like the more creative, trendy names/spellings to go if they want responses from other people who like the same kind-of names.

What would you like me to title the other sub-forum, Mel? Traditional Names? Classic Names?[/b]
Well, in the same respect I'd like to not hear, "You know, it would be so much cuter if you misspelled it and added a bunch of Ys, you know to make it girly and pretty." and "That's my 90 year old grandma's name, why would I use that for a baby?"

Thanks for the subforum, you guys rule.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search