Aidan

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2007, 11:33 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I know that some of you that like trendy names don't even like the "Aidan" names, but I love them. What is your favorite? Would you ever use them one though they're becoming so popular right now?

The first time I ever heard of one was when I was in high school, one of the counselors named her son Jaden. I LOVED it. Since then, I watched Summerland and the teenage boy was named Braden. I loved that one for awhile. Then, I liked Caden a lot. I love the nickname Cade. Now I think my favorite one is Aidan. I love how it would fit for both a little boy and a man.

December 31st, 2007, 03:20 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I do like the "aiden" names even though they are all becoming pretty popular. With the exception of Jaiden...I don't care for it much anymore. I really like Hayden, that is mine and DH's 2nd boy name choice. I really like Aiden and Caden (with a c). For some reason, I envision all "aiden" names on boys only....I know that there are plenty of little girls with these names but I personally prefer them on males.
December 31st, 2007, 03:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I actually like Aidan a lot. The others are NMS.
December 31st, 2007, 05:54 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
I actually like Aidan a lot. The others are NMS.[/b]

ditto. I love Aidan and always have. I used to want to consider it as a future name for a son, but then it sky-rocketed into popularity along with the similar sounding names.

January 1st, 2008, 05:22 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to say that i hate the TREND, but I'd never ever consider Aiden a trendy name ever.

January 2nd, 2008, 01:22 PM
MommytoOliviaandCole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like some of the "aiden" names, Caiden would be my very favorite and if DD would have been a boy, she would be called Caiden.

January 2nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the sound of all the aiden names but would never use them due to popularity.
January 2nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
I have always like these names, but the fact that they are so popular right now makes me like them less. I always loved the name Caden for a boy, but I wouldn't use it now. I think Aidan is my least favorite just because I know a whole bunch!

January 3rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I love the sound of all the aiden names but would never use them due to popularity.[/b]
I particularly LOVE Aidan, but it's a shame it's so popular now because that really bothers me. I'd still consider it for a middle name though.
January 4th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the name Aiden and also Caden and Jaden, not so much Hayden though. We named our first Caden and were dead set on that name before we even really started talking about eventually having a baby. It was a name we both loved.

<div align="center"></div>

January 5th, 2008, 05:40 PM
MamaBx3
I only like Aidan .. I don't care for any of the others.
January 9th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Katherine Sarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I prefer Aiden names spelt Aiden rather than Aidan for boys. I think the e makes them look more masculine.
I have always liked Hayden. Caden/Kaden and Aiden are ok but i dont think i would consider them.
January 10th, 2008, 02:50 PM
knightsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
<span style="color:#4B0082">Finally broke out of the confines of the Aug 2008 DDC and had to add my 2 cents on Aiden! =D

Before I met DH, this had been my top choice for a boy name. And I didn't really run into that many Aidens in my preschool/elementary school careers. The only Aiden I remember was a sweetheart! lol

After DH and I discussed names and he told me of his tradition with starting his kids names with J, he suggested the name Jaiden for a boy. And I have no problem with that! Again, I worked with one Jayden and he was such a cutie! =D I opted for the "Jaiden" spelling b/c DH's nickname is Jaimie and I liked that the first three letters of their names "matched."

I really don't have much liking for some of the other variations ...especially Brayden. >< Again, basing my like of a name off an experience at work! lol</span>

Thank you so much to Typical Vampire for my awesome siggie!!

January 17th, 2008, 07:24 PM
samantha*'s Avatar Veteran
surprisingly, aiden (any spelling or variation) is one name i absolutely cannot stand. no idea why.
February 9th, 2008, 09:15 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I've always liked Aiden but its gotten so popular now and so has the 'aiden' ending names. I don't usually base my name choices on popularity but I'd really hate for them to grow up and have to go by Jaiden A. etc.. I didn't even know Mikayla was a popular name until after I named her lol

I love all them though.. Hayden, Jaidyn/Jadon (both genders), Caiden...
February 19th, 2008, 04:12 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Aidan the best, and Hayden is cute too. The others don't do too much for me.
March 4th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
haha I just posted a new Topic on this. My son's name is Brayden. And my oh my is that name ever popluar! 2 girls I graduated with named their kids Brayden..the one named hers Skylar Brayden and the other Brayden Tyler. Mine was the first Brayden out of them tho

My son is named Brayden James. I liked Aden and my DF's name is Brian so I took the BR and put it on Aden and added a Y lol. I saw it in a baby naming book but never heard of it til I had my son.
March 25th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Regular
i really love Aiden as a name. Do you think it became popular because of Sex in the City?
March 25th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Quote:
i really love Aiden as a name. Do you think it became popular because of Sex in the City?[/b]
Probably! I've heard that TV show characters do make names more popular! BTW, Welcome to the baby name boards!!

March 31st, 2008, 04:57 AM
sunshineblue's Avatar Veteran
I have to say I love them. My fave by far is Hayden followed by Caden. I also like Jaden, Braden and Aidan, but here in the UK they're turning into "Chav" names (not a good thing) with the exception of Hayden and Aidan which I think are more classic.

I don't like any of them on girls and think some of the newer ones I've heard Shayden, Zayden, Thayden are taking it too far.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my fab siggy x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search