Need some ideas

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Veteran
Okay, I just asked my Husband if he could name our little girl anything he wanted what would he name her. Well He said Genna, because he really wanted to name one of our children after his Dad (Chester Eugene "Gene" is what he goes by!) Well we had thought of Chelsey and neither of us really care for that name. And I do like Genna (but I prefer Jenna, spelling) and it took me a long time to convince him. And now its his favorite, okay my dilema is I wanted to use my Mom's middle name for my Daughter since my sister named her youngest after my Mom. (Mom's name Rebecca Jean, my sister used Rebekah for her Daughter.) I used my Dad's middle name for my Son's Middle name, and my parents keep my child (will be keeping them both once she is born). And I don't think Genna Jean sounds good, of course my son is Kaleb Coleman so its similar beginnings. Can you think of another name to come up with for my Daughter to honor my mom! I guess we could use Genna for a middle name after his Dad and name her first name anything we wanted like we did Kaleb. He wants Genna Reese (Reese is another name I love) and I think that sounds good, but would love to honor my Mom too. So what do you all think?

October 10th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Why not kill two birds with one stone and use Gena or Jeana or like Geena Davis spells it?
October 10th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Veteran
Yeah I was thinking they are both Jean/Gene, same sound, different spellings, but I know he preferrs Genna. I had been thinking Gina/Gena too, so I will write down Geena, I like that too. I was thinking we could tell each of them that she is named after them since in a since she is. But I know he prefers the spelling with G and I prefer the J. Thanks, anyone else.

October 10th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What about Genna Rebecca?

Just because your sister used it doesn't mean you can't too.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
October 10th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Veteran
I had wondered about that, I didn't know it that would be to much or not. I will have to run that by my DH!

October 10th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We also use family names as middle names. Jean is mine and my grandmas middle name and Gene is dh's grand dad, uncle, and sisters middle name so we are using just Jean as her middle name. That way we are getting everyone in. You could do that too.
October 11th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Maybe you could combine the two and name her Geneane (or some variation) and call her "Genna" for short and then you could still use Reese as a middle name. Whatever you and your DH decide will be beautiful though!

October 11th, 2005, 03:03 AM
3girlz4me's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by djs61111@Oct 10 2005, 11:09 PM
We also use family names as middle names. Jean is mine and my grandmas middle name and Gene is dh's grand dad, uncle, and sisters middle name so we are using just Jean as her middle name. That way we are getting everyone in. You could do that too.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

LOL my dade s Gene, my grandma is jean and my MIL middle name is jean oh and my brother is Gene( call him Gino)
so that is why were wantedt o use Jean as Garlee's middle name. it is still a toss up.

now back to Genna jean actually doesn't sound bad at all, not any different then kaleb coleman
October 11th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Veteran
Thanks for all your replys and great ideas, I am feeling better about this. I want my husband to be happy and to have input in the process, and to also honor his Dad and My Mom. I know we will come up with something. You have given me some great ideas to go back to him with.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search