Jennifer Lopez has Twins.

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2008, 07:23 AM
Katherine Sarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

NEW YORK (AP) - Jennifer Lopez gave birth to twins early Friday, making the singer and husband Marc Anthony the parents of a boy and a girl after one of pop music's most closely watched pregnancies.
"She's thrilled," Lopez's manager, Simon Fields, told The Associated Press. He said the babies were born "just after midnight this morning."

Fields confirmed that the girl arrived first, weighing 5 pounds, 7 ounces. "Her boy is 6 pounds even and arrived about 15 minutes later" at a Long Island hospital, he said. The location was not identified.

Link to article

Its rumoured that the babies are called Emme and Max Slightly disappointing IMO.
I wonder if Christina Aguilera is slightly pissed off? haha
February 23rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
Orvokki's Avatar Veteran
Is Emme supposed to be pronounced like Emma? If so, it's very popular, but charming. I hope Max is short for something - it seems too informal as a full name.

<div align="center"></div>
February 23rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
I cant seem to find the name on any websites to find the pronounciation. My first reaction was to pronounce it "Em". Which is also informal imo, very nicknamey.
February 23rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I think Emme is being pronounced like Emmie/Emmy and I don't like it. Max is okay, could be worse. It reminds me of Dragon Tales.

Congratulations to them, though, and whatever they decided to name them.
February 23rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats to them.... I guess You won't see any of us in the national news when we have our babies
February 23rd, 2008, 04:16 PM
I have a hard time believing they named the son Max, it just doesn't sound like a name they would be into IMHO. Plus, it would make the second celeb baby Max this year.
February 23rd, 2008, 09:54 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I like Emme. I think it's pretty Max is too much like a dogs name to me, though.

February 24th, 2008, 10:12 AM
It will be interesting to see how much the name Max goes up in the social security tables during 08 after both Christinas Aguilera and Jennifer Lopez have used the name.
February 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
The names of the twins still hasn't been confirmed. The Max and Emme thing is still just a rumor. They haven't released the names yet.

February 24th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Regular
Quote:
ts rumoured that the babies are called Emme and Max[/b]
I've also heard:
Gavenda and Tuttie
Jameson and Emerson

None of them seem like her style, I don't think any are correct.
February 24th, 2008, 02:08 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was really hoping they'd use some gorgeous Spanish names, there are so many possibilities, especially for boy-girl twins! If Emme and Max are it, I'll be pretty disappointed.

February 24th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
I was really hoping they'd use some gorgeous Spanish names, there are so many possibilities, especially for boy-girl twins! If Emme and Max are it, I'll be pretty disappointed.[/b]

Me too. The first names that popped into my head were Gabriela and Alejandro. Though Gabriela and Vincent would be nice too. We'll see.

February 24th, 2008, 09:33 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I was really hoping they'd use some gorgeous Spanish names, there are so many possibilities, especially for boy-girl twins! If Emme and Max are it, I'll be pretty disappointed.[/b]

Me too. The first names that popped into my head were Gabriela and Alejandro. Though Gabriela and Vincent would be nice too. We'll see.
[/b]
ITA. If I was J-Lo I'd be totally exploiting the wonderful world of names that reflect her and Marc's culture: Mariela, Leticia, Adriana, Noelia, Lucia, Valencia, Joaquin, Mateo, Marcelo, Benicio, Vincenzo... I could go on and on.

I edited to add more of my favorites lol.

February 25th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Apparantly JLO's mum recently picked up two baby bracelets from a jewellers with Emme engraved on one and Max on the other which is where the rumour has come from.
February 25th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Lucia and Matteo.
February 25th, 2008, 10:23 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Emme and Max could be nns for spanish/latin names: Emilia/Emiliana/Emelda and Maximo/Maximilliano. I wouldn't be disappointed by the names Emme and Max. I get so sick and tired of hearing some of the way-out-there trendy/creative names celebrities come up with. In my opinion, the world only needs a couple Apples, Tallulahs, Rockets, Racers, Rebels, and Rogues (latter 4 are Robert Rodriguez's 4 sons).

I wouldn't think the names will be too common as J.Lo couldn't have been overjoyed growing up with the ultra-popular name Jennifer.
February 25th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Emme and Max could be nns for spanish/latin names: Emilia/Emiliana/Emelda and Maximo/Maximilliano. I wouldn't be disappointed by the names Emme and Max. I get so sick and tired of hearing some of the way-out-there trendy/creative names celebrities come up with. In my opinion, the world only needs a couple Apples, Tallulahs, Rockets, Racers, Rebels, and Rogues (latter 4 are Robert Rodriguez's 4 sons).

I wouldn't think the names will be too common as J.Lo couldn't have been overjoyed growing up with the ultra-popular name Jennifer.[/b]

Tallulah/Talulla is actually a legitimate name (not like Apple or Rocket or Rebel, etc).

From the Gaelic name Tuilelaith, which was derived from Irish tuile "abundance" and flaith "princess".

Just letting you know in case you weren't aware and just thought it was a made up name, lol.

February 26th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Congrats! Admirable couple! And I like Max and Emme!
February 27th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Super Mommy
Apparently their names are Maximiano and Emelina. I like them.

Earn free Amazon gift cards with SWAGBUCKS!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search