BTDT Moms

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
mlbsnb gave me the idea for this thread....

What were some names that were at the top of the list when you named your kid(s) that you didn't end up using? Do you still like them now?

February 27th, 2008, 04:05 PM
M&RsMom's Avatar Mama to silly boys
Send a message via AIM to M&RsMom
With my first son they were

Connor Seamus
Paul Moise III with the nn Trey
Shaylin McKenna
Maycee Erin

I don't like any of them except Connor Seamus. I was soooooooo trendy back then LMAO.

With my second son they were

Oliver Ryan
Quinn Patrick
Audrey Claire

I still like them all!

February 27th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Before I got pregnant I had these names picked out:

Galahad Owaine for the first son.
Rhiannon Siobhan for the first daughter.
Seamus Padraig for second son.
Morgaine Faelynn for second daughter.

I ended up going with Seamus Padraig Scott for the first son (mainly because he's named after my best friend and since he died in 2004, I felt strongly that Seamus should be used first). I added Scott in as the second middle name because Scott is my maiden name.

We are no longer going to use Galahad Owaine, and instead have Conan Iain Alasdair or Conan Alasdair Iain picked for boy #2. I still love Galahad, but can't find a combination I like with it. I may use it for a third boy, if I have one.

Instead of Rhiannon Siobhan, I have added Caoimhe in the middle, and we plan to use Rhiannon Caoimhe Siobhan. I used to also have Igraine picked as either a middle or first name, but decided against it.

I've completely scrapped Morgaine Faelynn. Faelynn is just way too trendy for me. I was trying to do a play on Morgan LaFaye, but Faelynn is just too trendy. Morgaine I decided against because Morgan is too popular. I'm still unsure of what I'm replacing it with. My brother has Moira picked for his daughter, but his partner hates it... so he said if they don't use it, then I can have it. I like Moira a lot. For middle names (there will be two) I am thinking of: Saoirse, Bronwen, Brigid, and Gwenhwyfar on my list.
February 27th, 2008, 04:53 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We didn't consider any other names, except one boy name for if she were a boy. That name is Landen.
February 27th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
i was stuck on Delilah for a girl, and before that it was Ariana... I still like both but dont see myself ever using either of them anymore. I had Cole Oliver picked out for a boy, I still like both of the names but wouldnt use that combo because now we want to use family names for middle names.

February 27th, 2008, 07:34 PM
JenAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD, before finding out she was in fact a girl, our names were Lily for a girl and Carson for a boy. Then after finding out the sex, we heard another girl in town was naming her daughter (small town, baby was due 3 weeks after ours) Lily, so we changed it to Mia.

DD's father and I ended up divorcing, but the name we had picked out for DD #2 was Mariah Jade.
February 27th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Bam&RaynedropsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my son, I actually didn't have any other names picked out, it's the only 2 boy names I've never loved...

With my daughter, I wanted either Julianna or Tessa as the first name... Julianna was gone before I even suggested it to DF cause my ex's name is Julian so I wasn't going to even suggest it and Tessa, We didn't pick it cause it sounded too short. We went with Adrianna cause we liked how pretty it sounded. The middle name that I originally wanted was Storm but after getting the whole "X-Men" character thing from everyone that heard the name, I went with Rayne instead. If I have another daughter, Either Tessa or Storm will be used and DF has no say in the matter

New *PICTURE* Siggy coming soon! =)
February 27th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first child,my son we had the girls name rebekkah louise picked out (rebecca for my mil,louise my moms middle name)- i ended up having a daughter but didnt use it because my sil used rebecca as her daughters middle name

for my daughter we had sydney as a choice to and ive kinda fell out of love with that name so dont think i would use it,for a boy we had malaki nathaniel

i would still use malaki but prolly not nathaniel

[img]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search