opinions please!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Which name do you like better?
Kaori 15 71.43%
K 2 9.52%
Paz 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2008, 12:54 PM
katra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to katra
I have a 6-week old daughter named Kaori Paz. I have been switching off between Kaori and "K", but neither of them feel totally right to me. I have tried calling her Paz some times but that does not feel natural yet either. Paz makes more sense to me because her dad and I are getting divorced (he treated me terribly). He picked out the first name and I picked the middle. Paz also means peace and she is my little pillar of peace right now. I have an idea what to do but I am just curious of some objective opinions. Which do you girls like better?

This is what she looks like. I can't really decide which she looks more like either.

March 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kaori Paz is quite a pretty name
I voted Kaori

edited to add: I think that Paz on its own sounds masculine. . . . so thats why I chose Kaori

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

March 10th, 2008, 01:07 PM
katra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to katra
Thank you!

March 10th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I chose Paz because it has significance.

April 4th, 2008, 07:13 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
My kids watch a TV show on TLC with a little penguin named Paz, it's cute. I do think it's a bit boyish but that doesn't really matter as it won't make your daughter masculine, she will make it feminine.

You know, if you aren't feeling the love for her name the way it is, why not change it completely, and legally? Or keep Paz but change her first name. One of my mom's best friends changed her little girl's name at 9 months - and none of us can even imagine her with a name other than the one she changed it to, it really fits her. It's much easier to change it in the first year than later on.

How are you pronouncing her name? Kay-ori ? How about shortening it to Kay or Kae.....?

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
April 4th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
LOVE your new siggy, Crissy!!

Have I ever told you how much I *love* Angus' name? I had Aengus on my list for a very long time, until DH vetoed it

(sorry for the thread hijack)

April 4th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Joni927's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm Paz is nms but Kaori is cute. I can see your point though if your ex chose it. Changing it completely would be tough on everyone around her but how about just varying the first name slightly? Like drop the a and make it Kori? (Cory) Or drop the o and do Kari? (Carrie) I believe you can legally change it with only one parent's signature. I, personally, would play around with slight variations of the first name until I found something close that I liked. Good luck!!

Thank you so much, Jessica "dettmer26", for the beautiful siggie!

</div>
April 5th, 2008, 03:22 AM
x_Emma_x's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I vote Kaori, she suits it...from her picture. Paz is too masculine for me.

Will miss everyone!!</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search