Mom says I have to quit smoking....

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2009, 11:55 PM
NavyBrat88
Ok so mi madre says I have to quit smoking... here is the problem, I don't want to.

It is a physical and psychological addiction but it helps my stress level go down.

My dad smoked for a long time and he says he understands and that I can't quit until I want to, at least someone gets it!

Reasons mom says I need to quit:
- I stink
- Too expensive
- Dr. said I had to (but dr also said I cant quit till I want to otherwise it won't work)

guess my doc gets it too....

what have you ladies done to help yourselves quit?
April 17th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Alchemist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey sweety

hmmm i quit once i went on Lexapro....helps me NOT feel anxious so i didnt NEED the ciggies....

i still struggle around my BFF who has the odd smoke, but since i am TTCing i have no need to.....
April 17th, 2009, 09:23 PM
NavyBrat88
I dont think its an anxious thing since I'm on Klonopin to help that everyday... Maybe I just need to figure out why I am feeling the need/urge to smoke and work on that issue first.... hmmmm you got me thinking now girl! and frankly its making my brain hurt lol!
May 23rd, 2009, 06:11 AM
xRainbowUKx's Avatar Regular
I think more then anything to give up you have to have the want and drive hun. Maybe untill then its not going to happen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search