New to board, not to JM

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2009, 06:19 PM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi All.
I am Cindy, 35, mom to 5 boys. I have been a member of JM for 4 years now (wow!).
I have some questions for you all....

I had a hyst (uterus & cervix) in November due to uterine prolapse. I didnt HAVE to have it now but I would have had to have it at some point so I figured why not save myself 10+ years of periods. For that I am soooooo happy!

I have been having hot flashes on and off for about a year now. So, before the surgery. But they've gotten MUCH worse lately. I also gained 8 lbs in 10 days for no apparent reason and have been walking 4 miles EVERY day and nothing will take the weight off. I called my dr. and she ran some bloodwork and said my estrogen was low.

I looked it up and it explains SO MUCH of what I have been going thru for years.
Has anybody else had this happen? I still have my ovaries. Why are they not working? I could not understand my drs. explanation at all. Tomorrow I am going to make an appt w/a diff dr. I just wanted to see if anybody else had this experience???

May 26th, 2009, 07:55 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
My mom hit menopause at 38. The youngest I'm aware of was 19, so 35 isn't unheard of. I would ask them to run a full panel of all your hormones, actually... estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, thyroid, etc. If one's out of balance, chances are, they all are.
May 26th, 2009, 08:47 AM
cindymat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know my thyroid was checked and that is fine. Also she checked my FSH and it was normal so i am not in menopause.

May 26th, 2009, 11:02 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Hmmm... I don't know what to tell you, then. My thyroid and progesterone are the ones that are always low. I'm on thyroid supplements now, and I was on prometrium during pg. I'm not on any progesterone supplements now, but I plan to bring it up at some point. I don't know if I should be on anything or not.
May 28th, 2009, 01:25 PM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
welcome aboard.

I have been on thyroid meds since my youngest was born, and had my hyst a year & a half ago. I have had the same weight problem as well, but NOW i have been laid up for 5+ months healing a broken ankle.
I would get things re-tested just to be sure.......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search