My name is Gracie

Forum: Women's Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Women's Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Gray Sea
Hello.

My name is Gracie. I am 27 years old. I have 2 daughters...a 7 year old, and an 18 month old. I have been married a little over 7 years, and my husband and I are doing awesome.
For my entire age since I started my periods, they've always been heavy, and very painful. During my late teens, I was on the pill, and that helped regulate them...then I got pregnant with DD1, and after she was born, I got an IUD...the Mirena. It was good for a year, but after that I hated it. Although it took my periods completely away for 4 years, the mood swings, and weight gain were enough for me to take it out once and for all. For a year, I got back on the pill...and well, my periods weren't horrible, but they were still bad enough. Then I got pregnant with DD2, and after she was born, I got my tubes tied. I hate birth control, and I knew I was done having children. I was 26. My OB triple asked me to make sure that that was my decision, and even on surgery day, he still told me I could back out...but, I wanted my tubes tied. Well, soon after, I started my PP Periods, and they were worse than ever. It was to the point where I had to sit on the toilet for sometimes, hours on end because I would just bleed, bleed, bleed. A year after my daughter's birth, I made my annual appt with my now, gyno...and he saw me a few months after that. There I told him about my horrible periods, and gave me three options. Option one was out the door because I hate birth control, and because I had my tubes tied...I didn't want to take stupid hormones...option two was considered...but we'd have to get an ultra sound to see if it would suit me...and option three was my best choice...but, we'd wait to see about getting my uterine wall burnt up. So, we did the ultrasound, got the results and we found out that option two wasn't for me, since I was discovered that I had fibroids outside the lining of my uterus. So, we went with my option three decision, hysterectomy!! So we scheduled it and here I am 2 weeks post up. The recovery has been easy. It is by far the best recovery I've had post surgery! Getting my tubes tied was ok, but I was sore for a while. And I was sleep deprived because I had a brand new baby to care for. Then I had my gall bladder out, and that was just the worse pain ever. But with my hyster, I don't know. I feel excellent. I do have moments in the day where I feel super fatigued, and I get tired easily. I've been bad at taking it easy, because my 18 month old only demands things out of me, wants me all the time, and won't take dad for help. So I've held her here and there, and when I do, I get the soreness in my empty womb area now, and sometimes I bleed when I use the bathroom. But I haven't had intercourse, and my incisions are healing wonderfully.
I get hot flashes here and there, but nothing insane.
My type of hysterectomy was a full one, I guess. The doctor took it all out, leaving only my ovaries in tact. Surgery was good. No complications. And I don't need to take synthetic hormones.
Anyhoo. 2 weeks, and so far so good. No more periods, ever...and that is hard to grasp. But I am thankful, and grateful. I haven't really told people because I got an earful when I had my tubes tied, I don't want to get or hear people's on opinions on my hysterectomy, especially because I am "still so young" Its already done, and if someone tells me something about how I need a boy or whatever, They will get slapped. So, I am saving myself that lecture by not mentioning my hysterectomy. It is none of their business, and if they so rightly think my family is incomplete because I have no sons, well then they can go ahead and mope. I am happy. And I don't care what anyone says.

Sorry to sound so defensive, but I am sure you've heard it all too...and might be sympathetic!

Anyway. That's me!
August 30th, 2009, 01:42 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I can almost quote what you said!

My periods were always horrible. I've got 2 boys and people say I need a girl. They can mind their own business. We've considered adoption, but I still only want boys.

The only differences are that I never had BCP until my late 20's (after I got maried), and my surgical recovery was horrible. They unknowingly hit by bladder, so I went back for major surgery 4 days later. That was my 5th surgery in 3 years, and it was definitely the worst!
August 31st, 2009, 10:23 AM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
Glad you joined us Gracie.
My hyst was Feb 2008, and it was the BEST decision i ever made!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search